Big Changes To Epic Battlegrounds Incoming!

These changes seem quite promising, especially the ones to Wintergrasp. Definitely a move in the right direction!

2 Likes

Nice one!

I have some doubts about increasing ( just 5 per faction tho ) the number of Players in Ashran. 30 is a good compromise to me, for someone with old machines 25 could be even better.

Very happy to ear about Wintergrasp changes too, still i would like they add the reinforcement Mechanic btw or something like that.

Trashran is still trash. The only thing one can do with trash is throw it out. Throw out trashran.

Everyone rushes docks better buff docks blizzard dont play their games.

I have never seen any team rush hangar or workshops this expansion.

2 Likes

Mee too man wintergrasp is the worst imo. Hopefully half the team wont just quit at the start, and i don’t blame them for doing so till now.

Atleast in ashran there is pvp and not some vehicle race or pve race to boss like AV. Not saying is great tho but all other epics are even worse

Wintergrasp: most changes are QoL and the tower time change and wall health nerf kinda even out, thus it’s far too small of a nudge. Give attackers 4 vehicles more baseline and take away 4 vehicles baseline from defenders.
IoC: these were made to address Hangar starts, meanwhile from my experience most people rush Docks and to the Glaive strat. These changes extend the time of the EBG, it creates more games where one side has their castle open and is stuck in a defense limbo.
Ashran: these changes pretty much only extend the BG. The enemy boss should be an actual win condition if the enemies are getting stomped big time. It’d cut frustrating afk games short. We don’t want to PvE in an EBG, so the Artifact Fragment strat is boring. Also, winning the tug of war sometimes barely rewards any points advantage. A point bonus should be given whenever people are holding the tug of war closer to the enemy’s side (bonus points tick once area is capped like the workshops in WG?).

Also, we want SoloQ.

we miss captcha for random/epic battlegrounds
also backfill to be non existant so every bg can start fresh
with even healers and never to get groups that are not full

2 Likes

see it horde doing it all the time…maybe not with 30 people…but they send way more to workshop/hangar than the Alliance.

Increasing the player count in what are already massive lagfests is probably not the greatest idea.

1 Like

Wintergrasp sounds like a massive improvement, didn’t really see much need for changes in IOC if I’m honest tho. Think player mentality and lack of awareness is the biggest issue in there.

Wait… So Ashran is becoming longer, due to more reinforcements. The glaives are getting 40% more health, and they are already difficult enough to kill (they are the meta).
I do like the WG changes though.

I agree. Nothing worse than joining a BG that is basically already a loss, no matter how hard you would decide to try to win.
And if you leave, you get the usual 15 min deserter.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.