Big class rework rolled back in 10.1

All was kinda ok’ish until the new patch… Now rets are again at the bottom…Since Locks , bomies with rogues dominate the bracket now…ret became again obsolete. All that big annoumcent with class rework and balance went down the drain hole… Now if you look at the locks…they simply walk around you and you drop dead. (destro spec) . Now i suspect like always some hate reply towards ret (omg big burst, omg good survivability , omg and omg ). What can you do with your burst if a lock chain cc you and he insta cast you to death? What can you do with ur mobility if a bomie root you, and how can you survive with global cd bubble and other global triggers that affect the cd of bubble.)

1 Like

A rework has nothing to do with dps performance.

They reworked the spec because people didn’t like certain parts of it.

Personally, i think the rework was a bit of a failure, as it didn’t significantly improve the gameplay, but in terms of utility, defensives and survivability it is better.

1 Like

its simple,unsub and stop giving your money for something you dont like.

Lol, really i dont know we play the same game

Agreed to all those crit/cc/kick nerfs and no compensation buffs (compared to alot of other classes who got compensated) + healing nerf. The spec feels omge week again, especially when its a huge caster meta. Facing triple harry potters in solo q feels so discusting and overal overflooded amount of caters in 3s. The intial rework was good (i would say op) but those heavy nerfs to survivability + utility nerfs brought ret back to pre 10.0.7 state.
Im not even talking that ret has one of the worst pvp talants ever, like 80% of them are pure joke.

What did the rework actually give us?

On mobilty: Steed still 3 points and 0 baseline ones but hey, its no longer on GCD!!! Freedom dispellable tho. And blinding light nerfed to yet again be worse then fear.

On Survivability: Divine protection baseline and no GCD. The rest on selfhealing feels basically the same as pre-patch

On Dmg: Smoke and mirrors!

• The Holystrike and Radiant dmg thing is worse then just plain “Add X ammount of holy dmg to Y talent” they have now sepperated our 1 school into 3.

• Holystrike has the weakness of both physical and magic dmg. Does not bypass BoP nor green bubble. Can be dodged and magic ressisted. Is an overall nerf to just plain holy dmg. And they ofc snuck in FV needing a weapon to be used.

• Just before prepatch went live they buffed Ret dmg so we went live with untested dmg. Whats the point of a tuning phase on beta when they do this? (tinfoil hat on) Because they knew they did nothing and had to fool the community that it was an extencive overhaul with OP dmg and it worked! So nerfs were a given as most agreed dmg was over the top and here we are.

• But we now have range! Even tho nothing about this is paladin-ish but oh well, this is now our spec for the next 3 expansions!

On pvp talents:… Hmm 2% dmg aura, 2% health on judgment debuff, 20 sec CD (but only vs slows) emancipate, 4-5min CD of 30% physical reduction or yes please… i want another 160k UA in my face judgment!

1 Like

yeah i expected holystrike to be a way to bypass immunities, but it isn’t. ok, maybe that would have been too strong, but right now it’s quite unintuitive. I think only armor is taken into account, no?
the survivability is quite bad too. between the 50% nerf to sanctified plates, and the pitiful amount of healing ret actually does, it’s just very very squishy.

and the pvp talents are the most pathetic of any class or spec. 2% stuff, c’mon. vengeance aura removed, nothing to replace it really. spellwarding is quite good but situational, and sanctuary lost value witht he shorter CCs (but it’s still probably the most impactful, which is saying something about the general state of the others).

nevermind the fact that the class tree is a complete mess.
imbalanced and ugly, no art to it.

the least they could have done is remove obdurancy and replace it with unbound freedom
fires of justice 1 point, holy aegis swap with divine punisher, seal of the crusader 1 point and suddenly you got yourself a balanced talent tree.
could even go the extra mile and sort out the choice nodes.

and delete of dusk and dawn and seal of order/fading light
replace them with a talent that buffs up the active aura just for the self, some effects like
crusader aura - 10% movement speed
retri aura - 10% reduce GCD
devo aura - magic damage reduced by 25% of your armor
Conc aura - fear effects reduced by 30% (which we lost in the rework)
all these effects, only for the paladin, not for allies.

Then you got a follow up talent that’s a choice between Aura Mastery or “gain the effects of all learned auras at the same time”

balance this out with a choice node for vengeful wrath “hammer of wrath can be used on targets under 35% hp”

and suddenly you have less burst, more utility, and a choice between a raid wide CD or small scale utility barely on par with a druids 3% versa buff.

I don’t understand how they thought this was a good idea.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.