Big nerfs inc

Dragonflight Pre-Patch - Class Tuning Incoming November 1

Monk

• Windwalker

• Fists of Fury damage reduced by 20%.

• Rising Sun Kick damage reduced by 20%.

• Blackout Kick damage reduced by 10%.

• Storm, Earth, and Fire damage transfer reduced by 6.66(repeating, of course)%.

• Serenity causes the Monk to deal 15% increased damage (was 20%).

• Invoke Xuen duration reduced to 20 seconds (was 24 seconds).

• Shadowboxing Treads increases Blackout Kick damage by 10% (was 20%).

• Teachings of the Monastery now causes Blackout Kick to have a 12% chance to reset the remaining cooldown on Rising Sun Kick (was 15%).

• Fury of Xuen haste bonus has been reduced to 5% (was 8%).

• Whirling Dragon Punch damage reduced by 10%.

• Forbidden Technique now causes Touch of Death to deal 20% increased damage (was 40%) in addition to its current effects.

• Rushing Jade Wind damage reduced by 10%.

• Xuen’s Battlegear now causes Rising Sun Kick critical strikes to reduce the cooldown of Fists of Fury by 4 seconds (was 5) and when Fists of Fury ends, the critical strike chance of Rising Sun Kick is now increased by 40% (was 50%).

• Developers’ notes: Windwalker Monks are dealing too much damage across the board. As a result, we’ve reduced the damage of most Chi spenders (Spinning Crane Kick and the recently improved Strike of the Windlord being the notable exceptions), reduced the throughput of major cooldowns (Storm, Earth, and Fire, Serenity, and Invoke Xuen), and reduced the effect of some powerful talents with the goal of preserving build parity after these changes.

In pvp the damage isnt even that good, it’s the strike of the windlord combined with Images that is broken.

Even Serenity :skull:

1 Like

Everything i’m gonna state in this said post is my general opinion

The sad thing is it feels like they’re nerfing based of things happening in pre-patch as stupid as i sound (conduits in pvp, legendaries still work)

Developers’ notes: Wind walker Monks are dealing too much damage across the board. As a result, we’ve reduced the damage of most Chi spenders

• they decide to nerf the entire kit and not improve the survivability apart from our big burst we’re the squishiest

so they have this idea better nerf everything not just Spirits/Windlord

But instead they buffed wind lord by 33% saying it wasn’t hitting hard enough

The game is pushing into a fast paced scene in pvp

first i’d like to start -serenity

• Serenity causes the Monk to deal 15% increased damage (was 20%). <— This nerf makes no sense, Due to the fact the cd is 1.5mins in pvp this is very inconsistent can be denied so easily, Compared to spirits that has 2 charges and replicates 45% of your damage per spirit, Anyone that’s trying to push in some format that isn’t using a cheese build (Serenity) it has no use even then it was a 50/50 if you failed your go that’s another 1.5min of waiting

Even in PvE spirits is dominant in almost every scenario better AOE more consistent damage

Rising Sun Kick damage reduced by 20%.

In a lot of ways i can see why this was nerfed (pvp) for some weird reason they decided to add [Fast Feet] 70% more damage on RSK then rising star WW 10% (WW tree) which from the get go was a stupid idea for pvp, but for pve i couldn’t tell you.

• Blackout Kick damage reduced by 10%. + * Shadowboxing Treads increases Blackout Kick damage by 10% (was 20%).

I feel the damage of blackout kick should of stayed low for the fact it was a chi dumper, for instance you got slam on warrior doesn’t do very much damage at all just used to dump accessed amount of rage they tried too give ww abit more aoe when the kit is loaded with so much aoe

We only have 2 spenders that actually do damage that’s Rising sun kick and fist of fury keep in mind they have modifiers to reduce the cooldown of the ability ( black out kick passive )when in fact they could reduce the set cooldown back to the original 6 seconds back in mop ( rising sun kick) and remove the cooldown modifier

Onto fist of fury * Fists of Fury damage reduced by 20%. I do think this change was good most of the time this is a very situational ability very versatile so it has more than 1 means of use although i do think 20% is alot, if we look at warlocks for example they got an all around 35% buff to destro abilities, i’m not saying we need to be buffed i’m stating the fact that 20% of roughly 30k damage depending on gear is alot that’s 24k with variables on armour class

Majority of the other nerfs aren’t a major deal compared to our main spenders/offensives

1 Like

I think it is a bad nerf, I mean Monks needed a nerf, they were op and that is a thing, but nerfing 20% Fists of Fury is destroying the new playstyle that actually was introduced again in Dragonflight, in Shadowlands you only used FoF to press Whirling Dragon Punch, and then still spamming spinning crane kick, now after FoF big nerf, that was playable before, and u didn´t need to cancel it in BETA and Prepatch, after this big nerf FoF will be the same as was in Shadowlands cancelable spell

2 Likes

Yeah, and we wont have the 30% increased FoF damage from the conduit anymore either.

1 Like

WW is dead in PVP after this nerf, they’ll need some big PVP specific tuning passes to come back. Seems in PVE the AOE touch of death talent is adding too much damage overall, so their throughput from other abilities being nerfed - the thing is AOE touch of death is useless in PVP so the throughput nerf hurts them too much.

Honestly, I’ve seen what they did to Shaman, heck I played it, I couldn’t even outdamage a healer in a heroic dungeon queue instance in one occasion today xD

These nerfs and buffs, if they keep getting out of control like this to REALLY show how bad the balance was… they should go back to scaling pvp.

Mixing the two never really works out in any game.

Most games even deduct half of damage in pvp so there’s no one-shots.

PvE you want to feel strong and nuke, this does not translate well in a pvp setting. It never worked well in Tibia, Maplestory 1 and 2, and so many others.

Monks were way ahead in the beta… thats why they got the hammer… they are still strong…

2 Likes

I didn’t notice any nerfs at all. Is the hotfix live already?

Time to go kill 8 wolfs on your ret paladin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.