Big NO for Rshamans

So, the set bonus for resto shamans AND the new epic totem both directly or indirectly buff chain lightning.

Is there a resto shaman out there who cares about this? Please voice your opinion because I can’t for the life of me understand why a 544 mana spell, that does noodle damage is supposed to be weaved in between heals.

Why? What is the use of this in a meta where dps does up to 3.5k in MC felling bosses in less than a minute?

What healer in CLASSIC wants to do damage? THIS IS THE MAIN REASON I don’t play healer in retail. Why force this utterly pointless thing on us? A mana wasting, no damage-dealing, utterly useless spell is supposed to be what? Fun? Interesting?

Heads up, healers like to have healing set bonuses. HEALERS like to have increased healing/buffing/support spells and abilities, NOT DAMAGE ABILITIES. Why not add spell or healing power on certain totems for when you’re in a healer group in raids? Or added mp/5 to keep druids and priests mana-happy. Why not add damage reduction to earth shield, why not do ANYTHING that isn’t damage? Are we so creatively depleted with this game?

God I hate this. Please don’t go into this direction.

For those who like dps-ing and who go: well, what is there to do when there’s no healing to be done? Go to retail. Please go to retail and you’ll ALWAYS have something to do.

Rant over.

2 Likes

Imagine having a heal that can miss. This is the situation with giving chain lightning a heal from damage effect, it’s silly.

At least arcane mages get 10% hit from talents and 6% from rune, thus they are capped for raid content.

The least they could have thought about is to have the set bonus grant an appropriate amount of spell hit to CL specifically if they really really want to push this thing into use.

As things stand right now the best course of action seems to just go with a full Coreforged set(old T1 bonuses) and use an old relic and just call it a day. I guess we have to be thankful for that option…

1 Like

As a paladin main, it is my opinion that resto shamans must suffer becase ele shamans can get lucky proc streaks and one(actually two or three, maybe four)shot someone once in a blue moon. Not only that: enhancement shamans were decent in PvE for two whole phases.

Good point, haven’t even considered that you will also miss heals with that cool new set bonus.

It’s all such a terribly lazy design. As you said, we’ll all prolly stick to the MC bonuses, but it’s sad that we have nothing to look forward to :confused:

I’m mainly annoyed that the new totem goes along with this considering resto shamans really have no useful totem in the game. I’m still using the 12 SP one from ST. It’s either that or the +healing one on LHW.
The healing rain one is ok in dungeons….eh, whatever. It’s not that we lack healing power. I can probably do Naxz in MC gear with runes, it’s just…boring and unimaginative.