Bind-on-Equip Items from Mythic Raid in Early Season 1

When the Vault of the Incarnates raid opens next week, enemies inside will occasionally drop Bind-on-Equip loot, as in previous raids. For early Season 1 play, we’re putting a restriction on BoEs that drop in Mythic difficulty.

• For the first few weeks of Dragonflight Season 1, items that would have been Bind-on-Equip in lower difficulties will drop as Bind-on-Pickup items in Mythic difficulty.

One of our goals with rewards has always been to primarily make the best loot in the game come through gameplay, rather than spending gold. Bind-on-Equip items from raids have long been exceptions to that, but they provide something unique to raiders: when raid groups don’t need the BoEs for progression anymore, they can be sold to fund consumables and repairs. In Dragonflight Season 1, Mythic difficulty is opening at the same time as other difficulties, a full week before players will have even opened the Vault for the first time, and Mythic BoEs represent more of a power increase than we wish to see available for gold.

Once a few weeks have passed, we’ll revise the items to drop as BoEs in Mythic difficulty. Please note that the second adjustment will not change already-acquired soulbound gear back into Bind-on-Equip. After that time, only new drops will be BoEs.

We’ll see you in Vault of the Incarnates next week!

10 Likes

This is great, and as a crafter I’m glad to see that my items will be valued just that little bit more, and won’t immediately be eclipsed by mythic BoE gear.

Nice Blizz, maybe like this we can have a race-to-world-first instead of a race-to-gold-first, like we’ve had both from Echo and Limit/Liquid the last few tiers.

3 Likes

This is a big Win for everyone! I have not seen such unanimous positive feedback over a change on twitter, wowhead, etc. in a long time. All your players prefer less P2W in the game, and every change toward that is a great decision and I hope you will continue this trend in the future. A healthy game is worth so much more than some extra sold tokens.

1 Like

Unrelated, but I’m praying for a day where they’ll release a bunch of fresh servers where the WoW token and other RMT is unavailable.

A Night Elf can dream. :frowning:

Any statement from Blizzard as to why they are allowing a few exploiters the privilege to have access to High Rep Artisan Consortium Profession Recipes, whilst the rest of us who have played the game “as intended” don’t have access to these?

A little bit of an unfair advantage don’t you think?

Why not just level the playing ground and let everyone have access to these, or just do the right thing and remove them from the exploiters.

Good job, please help my character get to WEStT fall I have a quest there I can not go in there I am in Bolalus. Please help.

AMAZING CHANGE!
Like a real real real good idea on your part!

But…

Can we have a more accurate time stamp please?
You always communicate so vaguely…

I am prety sure in 4 weeks tops the RWF will be concluded far enough to enable BoE’s…

Sounds like a good idea. I know crafting is fun to a lot of people. I must say thought, that I missed the BoE farming from the start of SL. I has so much fun doing that.

If I understand correctly so mythic is even harder than Heroic raid. So items will be sold either by top tear guilds or mostly by boosters who have gaming as a job. So congratulations. From the normal community of players, you just supported boosting. I can’t wait to see how much those wow whale tokens made you in a quarter.

You used to make items in games that were really legendary… And I don’t mean legendary items from the last four datadisks, but items that had value and a name because people remembered them by name. Even if they were just the best items you could get from a dungeon on your way to higher levels. Now to feed the transmog collectors you make one item ten times different and just change the color. Not to mention, you’ll sort it into groups based on the difficulty of the item. Now it’s called BOE and everyone gets it with money and wow tokens they buy from you. Where is the Windseeker that wasn’t dependent on other people and you had to actually work for it. Where is the staff from cataclysm that could summon a dragon over orgrimmar. Everyone remembers these items and people didn’t have to pay for them. Because we know all too well how that turns out. And we know full well that people will buy the tokens. And we all know what kind of people are going to sell it and what the chances are for normal players to profit from it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.