Black Arrow

I’ve been wanting to play a Dark Ranger since forever, but as every other Hunter out there I’m extremely disappointed with what they came up with. The fact that the tree has been untouched since it was first announced is incredibly alarming since we’re reaching the end of the development phase.

Having that said, I believe that all this Hero Tree needs visually is some updates to Black Arrow (Look at how cool they made Explosive Shot this expansion, a world of difference), Dark Chains, Smoke Screen and Whithering Fire. Technically however I’ve been racking my brain at how they could actually make the gameplay loop FUN (because more Aimed Shot charges are NOT fun). At first I thought why doesn’t it just proc Lock and Load, but that would make the proc a lot stronger for MM than it is for BM since they only get a Barbed Shot charge.

So since Explosive Shot is much more accessible in the General Tree now and it detonates any previously applied Explosive Shots. Why don’t we take inspiration from the effect of Lock and Load from back in Cataclysm: Each time Black Arrow deals damage, you have a 10% chance to cause your next two Explosive Shots to cost no focus and trigger no cooldown. We could have a really cool gameplay loop of Aimed Shot and Rapid Fire proccing Kill Shot, Auto Attacks proccing Lock and Load, and Black Arrow proccing the old Lock and Load effect!

I feel like this would be especially cool for MM, granting them some more damage on the move instead of just planting your feet and hard casting Aimed Shot all the time… Anyway, opinions are welcome!

5 Likes

Well they butchered the old good Survival …and instead right now as MM we are getting all the talent’s-skills from the old Survival .

So yes this is actually pretty good and pressing 1/2 more button is always a + …(20 years i feel like the whole class is exact the same )

To make it more thematic they could do something like Each time Black Arrow deals damage, you have a 10% chance to reset the cooldown of your next Explosive Shot and also lace it with shadow magic, making it do shadow damage instead.

2 Likes

They should just make it so that Explosive Shot turns into Black Arrow, which deals AoE damage on impact, dots everything and then explodes once more for shadow damage.

Then other abilities should make it possible to reset the Black Arrows cooldown.

4 Likes

That’s a pretty cool idea, but I feel like with the removal of Death Chakram it’s not like BM or MM still have button bloat in their rotation. Black Arrow would basically be taking its place, since Withering Fire grants 10% extra damage when the proc triggers.

1 Like

You should not do this hunter

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.