Black Flickering?

A blue post on this would be nice.
I have disabled triple buffering and its not happening as much anymore.

Do you have gsync activated? That causes flickering for me even though my screen is supposed to be compatible with it.

I do, but this problem persists with both gsync enabled and disabled.

I have a rtx 2080 super and I’m using 445.87 and experiencing no flickering unless I turn on gsync.

Was is the same flickering we’re experiencing? The black flicker on hair and other textures?

Did today’s patch change anything?

No. Game still flickering.

Okay, guess i wont update drivers then.

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that this is still on our radar.

For now the most reliable workarounds seem to be:

• Disabling Anti-Aliasing
  • Reverting to the 442.50 driver
  • Switching to DirectX 11

Thanks for sharing your observations and tips so far!

Thanks for the info Tyrskorn. Can’t wait for the fix, becouse in DX12 game runs way smoother in my case.

1 Like

Thanks for heads-up. It’s a relief knowing that this is a known problem that will be looked into.
It’s definitely annoying.
Hopefully NVidia at least does something on their part about it.

Any news about it? Would be nice to know when it’s going to be fixed.

I had this exact problem, but my flickering was EXTREME. It was so bad my head and eyes would start hurting. It was everything from textures, shadows to my lightforged draeneis hair. It even started happening in the character selection. These are the graphic settings that I am using now that has fixed the problem for me (for now at least). I noticed that my scaling was way off and turned that down to 1080, which fixed most of the problems straight away.

imgur.com/a/OhyzbP5

Hope it helps some of you!

Any update on any solution for this yet Blizzard? It’s getting so bad I can barely play the game :frowning:

Sadly no real update or solutions at the moment - this seems to be a problem that was introduced with Nvidia drivers of version 445.xx onwards. As of version 446.xx there has been some improvement for a few players, but there are still reports coming in (meaning there are likely some particular hardware-constellations that are still affected). The issue is also apparently not limited to WoW but manifests in different ways in multiple games, so unfortunately chances are nothing we could feasibly do will actually fully resolve this.

1 Like

Ok so we just have to wait for the next nvidia driver update and hopefully that will fix it? I got a reply by a GM that I might have to look at a replacement for my nvidia graphic driver which sounds really weird to me since the computer is pretty brand new

Made a post on offical Nvidia forums and asked about it. They blame Blizzard for bad coding instead their drivers. Guess, we just have to deal with that when both sides will going to blame each other instead find a solution.

No issues with my system. AMD 3800x 16GB 3800Mt/s RAM and RTX 2080. NVidia driver version 446.14 OP has a Intel 8700k

When you install a new nvidia driver version do you wipe the old driver with DDU? If I don’t then I get all sorts of issues.

Also try changing between the different display modes, like fullscreen etc and see if that helps. Limit FPS to your monitors refresh rate. Enable vsync. Limit FPS to 60fps.

It’s all about DX12 mode. Flickering is not related with the display modes, FPS limits or Vsync you mentioned. When I swich to DX11 all is fine. So, problem is with the driver itself or game.

2 Likes

Hopefully the next Driver will be better