Black Ox Statue aggro?

As Brewmaster, is it worth casting taunt on Black Ox Statue to make it an AOE taunt? It seems like the statue generates some amount of aggro on its own fine, but sometimes I can’t quite tell if I’d hold aggro more consistently by casting taunt on it. Does it make a difference?

And are there any worthwhile macros to use with it?

I personally did not find that many situations where it can be useful, though I did use it on Razsageth add phase as the adds there spawn too spread out for keg smash to hit everyone.

One big advantage of taunting on your statue is that if you have the movespeed increase on targets whom you taunt then every enemy gets it and move faster towards you.

Otherwise all that taunt does is place you on top of the threat table by copying the threat of the one who had the highest aggro on the enemy (unless the mechanic has been tweaked since then). Generally unless there is a huge itemlevel difference between you and your DPS you will have little need of taunt, besides in situations where you want an enemy to get to you faster.

most of the stature are useless, beside a few tricks in mm+, realy negligible.
please prove me wrong!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.