Blacksmiths can create custom named weapons

So, as the title says, what are your thoughts on an in-game option like this?
What if blacksmiths were able to name the epic weapons they make to make the professions in which they work hard even more fun, rewarding and unique? Of course, restrictions would apply the same as naming a new character, so it wouldn’t be offensive or go against lore.
Personally, I would really like an option like this.

Perhaps for 3 star gold masterpieces and pre-approved naming templates just to be extra-sure this won’t be abused :thinking:

Maybe this should be offered for other professions too :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, I agree.
I think allot more people would get into professions as well when a system like this was implemented.
It shouldn’t even be that hard to do.

What, you mean edited by moderator isn´t ok? What about edited by moderator No? :rofl:

Yeah, definitely agree that it would be nice flavor, but there needs to be a limit to how "expressive "players can be with theit naming choices :beers:

i don´t think it would get “a lot” more people into professions, but it would be a nice perk, say 500G AH value for an Engraving toolkit… I wouldn´t allow the Smith to name it though, but rather the wielder, both to prevent people getting scammed and to make it relatively simple to rename the weapon once you´ve grown out of your edgelord phase and don´t think edited by moderator is funny anymore :wink:

Sighs and takes out the handcuffs per its Edict

I have to take you in Sir for offensive named gear to the Councilward.

Or the items’base name doesn’t change in the AH but gets an inspectable bar or something. But definitely a cool idea.

1 Like

Oooh, handcuffs… the good old Jailbait 17x, i hope? The other ones smell funny… :joy: :beers:

I´ll stop now before I come up with one that might garner me more than a slap on the wrist, I can live with a 24h if the joke made at least one other person laugh, but more is kinda counterproductive :innocent: