Blades of Light

Maybe someone can help me as I don’t get behind the new ret design.

So guides suggest that you take blades of light (convert some abilities that do holy dmg into phys/holy dmg) and we don’t take arbiter.

now according to my tests, e.g. judgement does exactly the same dmg with wings and without wings whether I spec into blades of light or not.
so why is it suggested to spec into it if you don’t use arbiter that increases the dmg of holystrike things by 5%.
the only thing that does more dmg is crusader strike, which doesn’t do a lot of dmg to begin with and is quite useless in aoe as well (obviously the passive autoattack version is used anyways, but that also does not dmg regardless)

so is it really worth to give up free DS procs for more “autoattack” dmg?

What guide suggests not taking arbiter after BoL?

Anyway BoL is a nothing talent, it sounds like something but does nearly nothing. Mentiones 3 attacks but only changes 1 and its the least important one.

The Burning Crusade talent is the same, its worse then a talent that only said “increase holy dmg by 5%”. And both the capstone talents that follows are just random dmg procs, all 4 are bad design in every way imo.

Edit: BTW if you are one that uses Templars Strike BoL is even more useless as TS dmg is Radiant dmg.

wowhead guide

It is in the Aoe/M+ builds for the Crusading strike auto attack thing.
It is for a more aoe focused build

Bit weird that making AACS do holy dmg is more beneficial then HoW judment and CS do 5% more dmg (as both can be aoe) + the proc burst… witch is also aoe.

Anyway not a talent for me as i loath everything AACS is, just as much as the 2 capstones.

Edit: Ok so tested swapping talents a bit, BoL does more then just turn AACS into Holy strike dmg, it increases it aswell but shouldnt.

My AACS tooltip without BoL says it should do 6781 physical dmg and does around 4.7k when hitting target

AACS with BoL tooltip says 8281 HS dmg and does that number on targets. So its a near 100% increase in dmg done on dummy so i get it boosts far more then a 5% increase.

BoL does not change any dmg done by HoW and judment what so ever nor does it change the dmg of TS, why is that?

Holystrike damage benefits from mastery. That’s why it increases CS damage.

Forgot about that… exiting the room, letting the door hit me behind

yes so that is the only thing that gets a buff from the talent. the others are holy already and benefit from mastery anyways.
The dmg of crusader strike is just so crap that buffing it by 30% doesnt do much either

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.