Blazing ingots quest just has nope written all over it

Spent over an hour collecting the animacones due to so many people doing that quest today, what a waste of time for the reward. I cannot even envisage doing that ingot one now, why make these tweaks at all.

also they banned some people for abusing soul respawn in maw, and two weeks after its in retail and blizz does not care. the souls respawn themselves like mad and people just run between two nodes.

What advantage could anyone gain from a respawned soul? I’ve not heard of anyone getting banned for it, I have repeatedly killed the same spot and collected the soul. It’s for a quest and there is no power gain.

2 Likes

Source?

I wouldn’t even have called them fun, they were simple boring tasks, but now they are boring tedious tasks.

Wondering how well can that work. I skip long quests already, they’re just adding more to my list.

Done that too on some of the most-annoying quests, wondering if they even consider it… doesn’t seem so, given the long-term trend of “convenience sighted, convenience removed”.

1 Like

Since the start of Shadowlands I’ve got this feeling about Blizzard trying to make it more like classic. Some quality of life mechanics were removed or changed.
Flight master whsitle removed. Super long flight paths cross locations.
World quest spoon feeding you tye objectives - you killed the special mob and than planted a banner? Sorry wrong order try again.
Anima being in form of tokens so varied it puts artifact power to shame and takes up space in your inventory.
Maybe succes of Classic WoW led the dev team (or finnancial one) that out dated bothersome mechanics are what people crave?

7 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was true.
But I’d really appreciate if they kept that nonsense to Classic, where it belongs.

6 Likes

That out of date incovinieces is exacrly what made classic fun and sucesfull. Modern WoW have long way to becone classic 2.0 but its start. You can definitly expect more of classic like desing coming back.

So… Their response to people not liking the current world quests is to make them worse.

What the hell are they thinking.

4 Likes

And here I was it was the sense of being part of an open massive living world. Alongside millions of other people. Or about scratching that itch for warcraft rpg, which Rexxar campaing in Warcraft 3 FT left me with :slight_smile:

Yeah ,but to do list in contemporary wow is much longer ,and activities list as-well ,so formula can not be applied.

It can. Slowly. We also didnt get curent wow over night. It took many expansions and many of small changes to get where we are.

Just imagine if Blizzars would tone down difficulry levels. It would create so much breathing room for the game and would solve so many issues with game. Hope TBC will be that last nail what will make Blizzars change their physolophie.

please tell me this isnt true. its one of the most dull, boring, annoying quests…

1 Like

Yet another reason to not go to Maw or even not play this video game. As always we won’t know what brain is resposible for this change. Instead being fired he/she will get 100 bonus Honour Points. What a trash and petty change.

I think the same demented one that designed those quests in Ardenweald where you hopp on a dragon thiny’s back and need to shoot 45 bug from the sky
Except everyone doing it and something that would be a cool little fast quest literally could take half an hour when everyone and their mother trying to shot down the same mobs… :thinking:

3 Likes

This and the Animacones quest tells me a story that they really are disconnected to what fun is.

These are the kind of changes (and mindset of them) that pushes me closer to the exit.

1 Like

Noticed this myself over the last few days, especially the cones quest.
Gone from a quest I’d happily do to one I won’t bother with.
Maybe someone was stupid and said it would encourage more open world pvp…
These sort of changes are moronic- it doesn’t add to the fun at all, all it does is drive people away from the game.
It’s supposed to be fun playing a game, not an exercise in frustration.

1 Like

They have just said in another thread:

They are working on a hotfix. If they truly did not realise what the change would mean then they need a new set QA.

some dailies are basically undoable if there are many people in the area…

i seriously hope this is just some bug and not intentional, because if they did this on purpose, then it means blizzard is completely clueless and have turned quests that were already terrible into total trash.