Blazing ingots quest just has nope written all over it

Started the quest got to 6 ingots then abandoned. It has been set to a respawn time when ever some one loots one. The timer is set into minutes. Consequently you find yourself running around chasing people for pops.

Sorry but nope I can pass on this one.

13 Likes

yeah they’re making a lot of quest items no longer multi taggable.
they did the same to the animacones quest in ardenweald.

10 Likes

i was just about to reply shouldn’t the rods be multiple tagable.

But if they changed the way it works i understand the frustrations coming out from it.

Quite a few of these collect x amount of y WQ seem to have changed when 9.0.5 dropped, the items now despawn after one person loots them and you have to wait around for respawns. Intentional change or bug who knows?

1 Like

Another one? Seriously? What are they up to?

They really seem to want to drive their ‘positive player metric’ by making people waste time in even the most basic tasks.

3 Likes

It’s a really poor move in my opinion to change it to work in this way. Just making people waste time on World Quests.

21 Likes

Oh yeah, several WQ was hit hard… like the Animacone
Fun was detected
Fun is not allowed

8 Likes

Wasted 15minutes, got 2 ingots and abandoned Q, cos i dont have time to play whole day.

People actually have lives and with these kind of changes Blizz is gonna start losing even more subscriptions, good job!

3 Likes

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for collecting all the ingots.

3 Likes

Man … why I then only feel burning hatred and anoyance?

7 Likes

I guess they lost too many subs, so they need to make things look artificially less-bad by making players spend longer in game. SLs quests took long enough as it is compared to BFA ones, but now these changes are like the rotten cherry on top.

I’m really hating how they are managing SLs.

7 Likes

I always wondered why different zones had different politices on multi-tagging items… It was noticeable during levelling that I had to squabble with other players in Maldraxxus, then Ardenweald was ‘it’s fine, everyone can have some’.

Had assumed it was different dev teams not talking to each other.

Shame that they’ve gone with the annoying way. Guess they really don’t want me to play their game…

2 Likes

I’ve been using both the bug report and feed back forms in game to tell them about the issues. Press Escape then Support then click on ‘Submit feedback or bug report’:-

5 Likes

I don’t think it changes from zone to zone, even inside the same zone different quests work different ways.

hopefully it are bugs, but blizzard knowing i don’t think so.

2 Likes

Got 3 in about 40mins before abandoning as it will take almost 3hrs at this rate.

I’ve given up on these WQs. They’ve the items have been tricky to see (for me at any rate, the highlight feature isn’t highlighting well enough) scattered few and far betweeen widely in a densely mobbed area.
They take too long to do for the rewards.

One quest (not a WQ, part of Maldraxus quests in main campaign) to collect 8 jars of stuff took me well over an hour, maybe near two.
This quest alone will probably put me off doing the main campaign on alts, thankfully there is threads of fate.

Are they though? Or are people just abandoning the quests? :stuck_out_tongue:

In my case I can assure you i spend even less time than I did before in the game by abandoning such quests.

I suspect Blizzard intentionally made this change to make everyone spend more time online but I and probably others spend even less, it’s just reached a point where it gets frustrating.

9 Likes

All this is going to do is force more players away. Why they cant seem to design fun, actually engaging content i dont know. its always a very basic concept with time padding added in to try to force it to last for x amount of time.

8 Likes

Not surprised in the least… absolute D move by Blizzard yet again.

2 Likes