Blizz declared a pet diversity, where is it? [Dragonflight - Demonology]

I understand that warlock talents that have been presented today are just a first sketch, but I still wanna raise a concern about several crucial points in the current talent tree and demonology design. Main focus for today would be the main aspect of demonology - demons, and not just cannon fodder demons but the prime/main ones.

Ok, since DF is positioned as an expansion about player choice and agency, why demonology talents are such single minded.

Yet again we have numerous talents for felguard, and no talent for other demons. Demonology is not supposed to be so narrow minded about dude with the axe.

Even lore wise felguard is a simple footsoldier that is weaker than most of the demons we summon - like sayaads for example. And In the past expacs, and in the classic era, we had the choice to play with any demon we wanted.
Red - Imp talents.
Purple - Void.
Pink - Sayaad.
And in the down we have FG.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/704412498589253743/1006694981664260106/Warlock_talents_for_topic.jpg
Or in MoP we had something like this
Green - general pet talents.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/704412498589253743/1006695774891020419/Warlock_talents_for_topic_MOP.jpg
In both ways you could build your talents around your favorite pet in demonology and not be tied to Felguard if you didn’t want to.
But DF double downs on the idea that goes against the core class fantasy of the spec.
Green circle - Felguard talents.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/704412498589253743/1006697909443633232/Warlock_talents_for_topic_DF.jpg
We have seven talents that work exclusively with felguard.
Why not change talents so they could work with any prime/main demon so demonology warlock could have an agency over demons warlock wanna play with?

Right now we have talents like:

• Fel commando - Your Felguard deals 10% more damage and takes 10% less.

• Command aura - While your Felguard is active, your wild imps and Dreadstalkers have 7% increased haste and deal 5% increased damage.

• Antorian arnaments - Your Felguard deals 20% increased damage. Soul strike now deals 25% of its damage to nearby enemies.

Why not change it into:

• Demonic combatant - Your Main demon deals 10% more damage and takes 10% less.

• Command aura - While your Main demon is active, your wild imps and Dreadstalkers have 7% increased haste and deal 5% increased damage.

• Antorian arnaments - Your Main demon deals 20% increased damage. Soul strike now deals 25% of its damage to nearby enemies.

Current design corners demonology to use felguard. With all the good things that Felguard brings on the table, it is not a healthy design when spec that is named - Demonology only uses one demon and is not designed to play with all available demons.

Another thing that I wanted to point at is this moment in blue post.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/704412498589253743/1006704326871363686/unknown.png

I must agree here, that spell lock should be a baseline interrupt. But what Felhunter will get in return?

With this change, we are aiming to allow for more pet diversity

How this aligns with demonology talent tree design, where we have zero pet diversity?

6 Likes

Whats is even that? Its the femboy succubus creature? Did they rly rename the pet?

1 Like

Sayaad is the name of the demonic race. Succubus is the name of females, Incubus of males.

1 Like

there are no “sayaad” in wrath of the lich king. It’s mega cringe that you even put that new icon with the femboy demon in the old talent trees. Please stop, get some help.

3 Likes

They were called sayaad in the lore at that time, while in game (lorewise) Azerotians called these demons - succubus. Like we have a race - Kaldorei/Sin’dorei but in game we sometimes call them Night/blood elves.

Incubuses existed in the lore, but before the 9.2.5 patch they haven’t been present in the game. And blizz had an elaboration on that on the old forums - Incubuses have been kept as slaves on the Sayaad homeworld. Quite fitting for demons to have some cruel matriarchy and have such gender inequality.

What I found to be cringe, is that we just got these incubuses right out of nowhere, no elaboration on that whatsoever.

1 Like

I mean, we all know exactly, why are they here, right?:wink:

Sadly… yes

i am more sad that the last talent for our fel guard is as goofy as it can get throw your weapon at the enemy and start to fist fight your enemies woot

it just could have been a simple talent your fel guard is retired in place of a large ultra chad fel lord whit improved ability’s more health and so on

1 Like

They could also add a few cosmetic glyphs to existing demons. Something similar to the DK one, which converts the army of the deas ghouls into a different array of zombies would be nice for the demonology Imps.
And they can develop on the demon abilities as well. Felhunters will lose silence, so give them something new.
At least we can get a Pit Lord as demo, which is really nice.

2 Likes

I want this so much! Let both wild imps and dreadstalkers have some room for customization please, it would be neat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.