Blizz, please confirm what happens to our characters next after SoD

Seriously, where are they going to go?

And YOU, community, where would you ‘want’ your character to go after it is all done?

Probably Era, maybe Wrath.

What I do know is that if you don’t move them, they will be deleted.

1 Like

our characters will likely end up on a “SOD ERA” server.
aggrend already said there is no way our characters will end up on classic era (aka the nochanges server) and i doubt we’re going to be thrown into tbc or wrath either…

just my personal guess though.

if you fear they might delete our characters you have no need to worry, because again, aggrend has already confirmed that this is 100% not going to happen.
we will be put somewhere safe, he promised that.

The same as what happened at SoM, you get the chance to move them to the Era realms likely. But we’ll see when it happens by that point.

I think they will find some way to strip all the SoD stuff from them when you move them. If they do that then they can go just about anywhere, even retail.

then what would even be the point? lol might as well delete them then.

What is SoD stuff though?
Runes, new rep factions, I get that.

But what about an item that exists in vanilla that is alterered in SoD?

Do we get a era equivalent?

What about our resources?

It’s easier to grind for a lot of stuff in era due to how OP we are, how would that work? A huge influx of resources.

And which era server? A full one? A dead one? Spread out with no control so you lose contact with your guild if you wanted to continue on?

If Dual Spec is removed which spec will be the one we carry with us and will we get a free respec or will respec prices go back to era equivalent?

On that note, gold. Era is already a mess with GDKP’s so gold is crazy over there as well but I dunno if injecting all this gold is going to work. So what then, remove it? All that hard work spent on the gold for nothing?

I think the SoD team needs to start answering some questions because some people have invested quite a lot of time into SoD’s characters and I think we deserve to know what it will all be for in the end.

If they intend to move on to Season Of Skullduggery or Classic+(proper) after this then leaving SoD servers up splits up the playerbase further and that might not be a wise decision.

1 Like

Tbh SoD is dead the moment they announce that the chars are deleted/moved to Era.
So either it will be a SoD server or they decide to push the fun experiment further and release a SoD season 2.

In my eyes it would be a really bad move for Blizz’ trustworthyness (lol) to not tell us that that is what is going to happen because they know that the end outcome would be people leaving, so in order to maintain the sub pay piggies they opt not to tell players something that might drive them away.

Because the problem is obviously, if you do that, then why would anyone have any trust in any further project you start up? It would kill trust in anything you do. Even if you announced proper Classic+ people would have a bad taste in their mouth from how this has been handled.

Might be a damned if you do damned if you don’t situation

IMO they’d need like a year of patching just to clean up their mess and fix the balancing before trying any further “fun” experiments. And honestly if they move on to TBC SoD I’d probably leave because I’ve grown more and more distasteful towards expansion packs making all content that comes before it redundant and just a chore to sit through to get to the “real content”.

Hopefully there is no “After SoD” and they keep building ontop of it.

I personally play for the changes made to paladin, Why would i ever want to be transfered to a version of the game without these runes ?

1 Like

No idea, I am basing it on what happened in SoM.

There are only three grouped realms anyway. Most guilds will say where they are going in the MotD, if not then they are not a very good guild…

The rest are mostly obvious and for those that aren’t, assuming they allow us to move, they will tell us nearer the date. Which will be around November/December time.

Just chill and enjoy the game.

MotD?

That’s the point though. The question of whether it is worth investing time into something that will just vanish one day is not appealing to some people and reassurances are needed as to what will happen to all of the time investment that has been made.

Message of the Day.

Oh you mean the guild notification thingie, yeah but that’s if we get a choice in the matter, I meant that what if we do not get a choice and Blizz just spreads us out.

when did ‘seasonal’ become such a convoluted word so as to mean anything but ‘coming and going’? hopefully they are deleted permanently like the word would suggest.

If we do end up transferred to another realm that is era, would you delete your character voluntarily?

If they do it then it’s really only two choices, the Firemaw cluster or the PvE one for Era.

1 Like

SoM didnt have any new items, while in SoD we have a lot of new gear, runes, reputations, new profession items, etc. Runes can be removed (no problem its just a temporary effect on item) but what they will do with all new gear? Just delete half of character gear before transfering? They have never done anything like this and it will look really strange to transfer semi-naked character. It’s only one problem, second problem is that SoD levelling is much faster then in vanilla, after adding incursion *3-4 faster, so it’s a lot less effort then levelling in vanilla. Yes SoM also had extra quests xp but it was only extra QUEST 40%, assuming we always get about half of exp from mobs it is 20% extra total xp when in SoD we have 100% passive bonus for ALL + new abilities (that allows kill mobs much faster) + broken incursions. So it’s much less effort to level character in SoD then on era, and it depricates all effort of ppl actually levelled on vanilla era. And third problem that it will look like “downgrade” for a lot of players to delete all their abilities so for a lot of players it will be same as delete their character.