Blizzard Address Shadow Priest In The War Within

Boomie’s kick is in their talent tree but the top 3rd of their tree is mandatory talent points, you can’t skip / be incentivised to take something else over it. In fact at the start of DF boomie was in the same position as shadow, where solarbeam required them to give up damage talents to pick up and this was explicitly changed in the rework they received in 10.0.5.

3 Likes

priest should have 1 more spec that focus on void form and one spec that focus on mind controlling pets and mind bender as permanent pet just make Dark ascension an spec then void in to one spec like Feral and guardian druid.

Like its not hard to have fun as a dev.

Its just devs needs more motivation.’

We should have Shadow ← specc With Dark Ascension permanet mindbender cleving dot spreading pukeing bending to your will.

And Void specc ← Mindcontrolling aoe specc with void lings spawning.

Make power infusion in to hero.

shadow needs jebus https://www.wowhead.com/news/amirdrassil-weekly-dps-rankings-dragonflight-season-3-week-7-336991#:~:text=23,↓2

xD

To be fair, and not to negative.
But to me, our biggest issue is shadow crash, its just bad compared to other classes to start doing AOE.

Shadow crash needs a rework with like:
Traveltime increased by 50%
Is now 2 charges. 20 sec cooldown.
Damage reduced by 40% , Damage reduced beyound 8 targets.
Now applies Shadow word pain and Vampyric Touch to all targets hit.

If they would just change above, shadow would feel alot better.
I dont find our AOE etc that booring, bad or anything. its just the situation to apply new mobs with dots to start doing AOE again.

And Season 3 with our Shadow Word: Death spamming, is just killing ourself for the sake of god. 45-50k per use. during sub 20%, its could hit for like 250-300k during like what, 2sec? -_-

Shadow crash needs to go they need to change it to that mind blast does dot spread with VT like this thing with VT and SWP needs to get removed the game is to fast phased these days and healers just dispels them in game anyway so blizzard should Remove

shadow crash, SWP VT, and bake VT in to mind blast and SWP in to shadow word death.

I like that part of season 3 So much that hope blizzard makes a 2nd specc for shadow that is shadow with mind bender pet and one other specc that focus on void form.

make it like Feral and Guardian druid was in cata when they carried it over in to Mop 2 separate speccs.

Like the devs needs to wake up make Silence Dispersion [Psychic Horror][Mental Fortitude] ← in to the priest left side talent three and make priest better like why do i need to waste a talent for silence when i want to do dps.

Look at paladin for example they all got bubble as a defensive what does holy and Discipline got part from their healing CDS dispersion should be an universal priest talent and silence too.

Paladins got silence on their left side of their paladin three and bubbles and defensives too like mind games needs to go and blizzard should totally care and rework priest.

Still no rework for dot spread rip :stuck_out_tongue: but a minority meaningless buff.

minor buff still back to void bolt and shadow crash i hate those two abilitys they do nothing for the class its very annoying haveing to use those abilitys

Just rework the class in to the fun factor which is mind bender shadow word death and make

Make PI in to Hero and Remove shadow crash void bolt and void torrent and make Mind bender an permanent pet.

Make mind blast power up from shadow word death and make [Devouring Plague] cleave on to 8 targets like a cascade effect when used.

make an glyph for [Void Eruption] to use [Dark Ascension] effect and make it instant cast.

Like that would fix half the problems shadow has.

Basically Shadow Priest is okay on bosses. Decent DPS compared to other classes.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1137757.png

1 Like

https:// www.warcraftlogs. com/zone/statistics/35#sample=7&dataset=95:~:text=8%2C627-,Priest,Shadow,-85.56

They went up slightly the problem is dot spread feels unrewarding and having to still after 10 years having to press chunky void bolt feels sad.

Dps is there its the playstyle that feels unrewarding. Shadow crash feels underwhelming when on cooldown when there’s 40+ adds in an m+ and also having to spec an silence when all other classes has silence in the left side talent three.

I don’t know personally i think the Devs can do better in the next expack make dot spread better add dot spread to shadow word death Vampiric Touch and shadow word pain make it spread to more adds nearby like affliction warlock and balance druids. Then remove shadow crash it feels like an annoyance ability rather than an ability that feels empowering.

The mindbender thing does work it was the most interesting thing to have played around with in season 3 Problem its blizzard need to focuse on that for ST and Aoe and make dot spread more Widely than it is like shadow feels like it is still in a beta state.

They should make Dark Ascension instant cast and void form too. And make mind bender stay up longer.

Also season 3 set bonus with Sw:P is interesting they should focus on that too in next expack.

I think would fix most my problems with it its the big groups that sucks still with no more alternative dot spread

Could you just let this die instead of bumping it on alts once every 3 weeks?

It’s literally just you with the same old tired complaint every 3rd post. Move on.

2 Likes

or remove it and add dot spread to mind blast and shadow word death instead.

Haha i just sim my char for M+ with a dungeon slice sim

And i was wondering if i should pic Mindgames and drop survival skills

For my build taking 4 points into mindgames was a 1k Dps loose, he casted it 7 times in the sim what a waist of Talent points if you consider you can put in 4 points

More worst is divine star witch the sim refuse too press or Holy Nova eaven with 20 stacks from rhapsody

The Talent tree looks more and more just of a illusion of choices

Dungeon slice is 6 minutes, how many times did you think it would cast mind games?

Its not about the times of cast that was just for reverence, is that its not a dps gain i run it a view times because every sim is a bit different and the only time its worth 2 k dps is of you run out of proccs

But 220000 dps for 4 Talentpoints too get mindgames vs
218000 dps without mindgames and 4 points you can invest in utility or defensive

Thats insane, no wonder high key m+ shadow dont run it

If it was living shadow or a cool aoe then i understand taking it but mind games feels sloppy joe.

Hope season 1 War Within is better

fix dott spreading and survival big hits

rather depressing we sim so small numbers for losing defensives for a tiny insignificant dps dot.

Whats depressing is you keep bumping this one man dumpster fire with your alts.

what i feel

(post deleted by author)