Blizzard do not care about new players anymore

I feel the same way about this as you do and I am trying to help all the newcomers as you are but I am more a vigalenty or in other words a lawyer for newcomers who come protecting them from toxicity by tanking it to me even though I get suspended for it sometimes :expressionless:.

In dungeons you should never say it’s new for you, just follow the others around and DPS. Dungeons are not the quickest way to level anyway, well except for the >seasonal ones.

I am not doing dungeons for levelling. I’m just doing because that’s the content I like :slight_smile:… Well. used to :slight_smile:
Otherwise, I’d just have used the booster that came with the expansion pack

1 Like

Jesus you are so delicate.
“ooohhhh it’s so toxic I can’t handle it I better go cry in my safespace”.
Your mother was overprotecting you or you just drink too much soy milk?

1 Like

Sigh… I’d love to meet one of you keyboard warriors once, personally, and see if you kids are so brave as you pretend to be on the forums, without paying attention to the core of the problem being reported, instead, just keep attacking people… behind a keyboard is so easy right?
But yeah, of course, that’s all you have to do right? after all… 25yo, doing nothing other than playing WoW, and depending on your parents budget to pay your subscription, it’s easy to waste time searching the forum just looking for people to shout at :slight_smile:

Just don’t tell people if it is normal or HC you could probably just wing it.

But you are right community in this game has gradually got more toxic over the years started getting worse when they introduced LFG before then when you could only group with people on your own server the community was a lot less toxic, ok it was more of a pain in the a*** to get a group but you got to know people on your server outside your guild you got to know who was good to group with and who wasn’t people tended to be more patient and didn’t mind the odd wipe and if someone got a reputation for being a dick people wouldn’t just not group with them.

2 Likes

It’s been there forever mate.

Not Blizzards fault, blame the ones who kicked you.

Ah yes just because a group of 3 kicked you out it means the whole community is toxic ?

Sorry that happened, but don’t blame it on Blizzard, oh and Dungeon deserter has been in the game since 3.3.0.

You sound pretty unlucky.

I however do find that people don’t communicate much in dungeons…I try my best to be nice and say “Hello” to those I group with.

2 Likes

It’s been there forever mate.

No, it is not, the deserter debuff is, since 3.3.0, the fact it’s applicable to players kicked, it is not.

Not Blizzards fault, blame the ones who kicked you.

Could you please point me where did I say it was Blizzard’s fault from me being kicked?

There is a big difference in the kick being Blizzard’s fault, and Blizzard making innocent players ‘punishable’.

Ah yes just because a group of 3 kicked you out it means the whole community is >toxic ?

Well, after coming back to the game past week (since cataclysm, I won’t count WoD because I barely played it), all I could see is an exchange between a time when people were way more active in dungeon chats communicating what to do/not do, asking questions about mechanics, etc. to a time where people are afraid to talk in dungeon chat…

Why are sou attacking all ppl with different opinion than yours? Clearly you have some problems with yourself, u look like a 13yrs old to me, sry. Who knows why they kicked you afterall…

Most know what to do; thats why they dont ask. Besides theres a dungeon journal.

Innocent or not. A majority did not want you in their group, and that is their right. Imagine if they removed dungeon deserter, trolls would increase, get kicked, but queue right back up again. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a bit to make it better for all.

That has also always been there. Show me where it changed here. https:// wow.gamepediaDOTcom/Dungeon_Deserter

Well, I’m not attacking anyone other than those who appears from nowhere to just shout and insult those who complains about something… Despite that, just replying to other people comments with my POV on specific stuff. People are free to disagree, but, as I said, still not fair to get debuffed because you got kicked for no reason

The being able to queue for things was introduced towards the end of Wrath, the kick and deserter buff soon followed. So really for all intents and purposes it has been around since the start.

Possibly your title gave that impression. The alternative without a punishment wasn’t working. People would just sit afk and refuse to move until you kicked them, to avoid the buff etc. It may catch the odd innocent person so now and then but most of the time it works as intended.

You are coming off quite hostile in this thread. Does that happen in the dungeons too? It might be why you get removed if it’s a frequent occurrence, sometimes it’s easier just to keep quiet if it’s going to devolve into arguments. I wasn’t there so I have no idea. I’ve levelled a lot of characters I’ve rarely seen anyone kicked who didn’t deserve it. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve been kicked from a dungeon. That’s not to say unfair kicks don’t happen.

Innocent or not. A majority did not want you in their group, and that is their right. >Imagine if they removed dungeon deserter, trolls would increase, get kicked, but >queue right back up again. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a bit to make it better for all.

As I said, yes, people are free to chose whatever they want. But it’s not fair to get a 30min punishment for no reason at all, and as I said no reason, I meant to just have written “Hi, I am new here” in the dungeon chat. but, anyway.
Wasted too much time complaining and get stressed with a game…

That is even debatable. ‘everyone’ is just pressing Yes to get rid of the window.

1 Like

It’s quicker to vote no than yes. To agree to a kick you have to wait as there is a timer on that response before it becomes available.

1 Like

You are coming off quite hostile in this thread. Does that happen in the dungeons too?

Why am I being hostile, because I am giving my overall experience with the game during this week, which has been a really bad one? If I gave you this impression, I do apologize, that’s not my intention, at least not with those not trolling…
If I am pissed off? Yeah, a lot, with whom? With Blizzard itself for giving me a punishment I do not deserve…

Anyway…

1 Like

People can be horrible, you just can’t let a few bad eggs ruin your experience.

2 Likes

At start of BFA when few people knew dungeons, mistakes were a common thing. But now after more than half a year, when Youtube is full of guides for all mythic dungeons, m+, its so easy to learn all dungeons even before getting into any of them.

Instead of saying you’re new and waiting for others to explain you tacts, you can watch videos about all dungeons, to have an idea what is going on and what to do on boss fights.

Otherwise people will see you as a lazy irresponsible person who coudn’t even watch any video guides beforehand and now trying to use “new player” card for the excuse. Nobody likes lazy players.

1 Like

Edit2: I made a ticked asking about this issue I had in “edit1”, and his/her answer was; -“I believe that is a problem that we are aware of. There is a 15 minute period at the start of the dungeon where if you leave, you get the 30 minute dungeon deserter debuff and sometimes it is being applied to people that are vote kicked too. Unfortunately this was one of those occasions.”
Then I asked; “Ok, so its not intended to give those who get kicked the debuff then?”
And s/he answered: “No, it’s definitly not intended.”

this is something i just read.
it was a player asking a gm so it was at first not intended to punich a vote kicked player with the debuff.
if my memory is correst they changed sometime after because players where fishing to be kicked and get away with no debuff if they got in a dungeon they did not wanted

At start of BFA when few people knew dungeons, mistakes were a common thing. >But now after more than half a year, when Youtube is full of guides for all mythic >dungeons, m+, its so easy to learn all dungeons even before getting into any of >them.

As you probably didn’t read the thread, and I know, TL;DR… I am talking about low-level content, do you think somebody need to kick a new player from Deadmines for example?

Instead of saying you’re new and waiting for others to explain you tacts, you can >watch videos about all dungeons, to have an idea what is going on and what to >do on boss fights.

Deadmines is a good example again.

Otherwise people will see you as a lazy irresponsible person who coudn’t even >watch any video guides beforehand and now trying to use “new player” card for >the excuse. Nobody likes lazy players.

Will just repeat myself, I am talking about old, low-level content, not even close to BFA, which I don’t even know, because I didn’t even reach anything from BFA.