Blizzard Entertainment Hiring Narrative Director for World of Warcraft

7 Likes

sounds like a job for me. a bit lacking in experience but hopefully that will not matter too much. a new era is soon upon us

1 Like

Will Azeroth be flat?

7 Likes

a glaring oversight in the lore that will soon be corrected for sure

6 Likes

Can I drop in to make a green dragon that engulfs Stormwind in a felweed breath?

It’s 99% harmless. Just gonna be a precursor for Dunkistrasza. :herb:

2 Likes

I know the 2 main candidates for this job are Erevien and Retributor. Who’ll win?

2 Likes
  • Proven leadership as a narrative lead on at least one shipped AAA game

Well, that’s going to be crap then.
99/100 “AAA” games I see these days are crap storywise.

1 Like

No matter who wins, we lose.

2 Likes

Good.
The story is a mess since the burning of Teldrassil. Hopefully a Narrative Director can tidy up the story and start moving it in a better direction.

3 Likes

Hoping for the best, but I’m expecting the worst.

2 Likes

The story doesn’t need to be brilliant nor unique but it does need to be told well. More consistant characters with clearer movitations. Less chunks of significant story into other media such as novels ro comics. No more Deus Ex Machina features. No more “Rule of Cool” moments. Fewer narrative threads that progress together rather than these expansion (like BFA) with so much going on but none of it told that well (the whole Black Empire / Ny’olotha gets one patch in two re-used zones).

Tell a simple old fashioned story well and it can be enjoyable. We don’t need Tolkien or Shakespere just better narrative consistancy and progression.

1 Like

I’ve never read any of the Warcraft books but sometimes I wonder how much story I’m missing out on as I would like the story to be consistent and not leave gaps between books and in-game story. Good luck to the person hired for narrative director, fingers crossed everything goes well for them!

A LOT

The game is completely incomprehensible without the books, and the books mostly suck.

I wonder what this all means. Is Danuser being reassigned? What’s going on?

1 Like

It’s already flat, the continents have no curve.

I’d love to create some real mindbending stories for them

That can mean several things these days, my friend :wink:

However, if you meant assimilate…

1 Like

is this a schmuse pic?

1 Like

Nope, gotvthis one from Giphy.com

1 Like

Blizz would ignore Erevien because be would flat out destroy the game.

mmm i guess half of it. but i get your point