Blizzard, fix World PvP thanks! Phasing got issues

Hello everyone!

I represent The Scarlet Scourge guild famous from the World PvP content.

We have been doing weekly World PvP events recently with +30 aboms and at last event we had almost 50 Aboms.

However from zone to zone we end up to fighting against like 5 Alliances. In the Maw we see literally no-one fighting us, or no counter-raids everywhere.

I believe Shadowlands killed world PvP due to phasing issues. When I do solo stuff, I see 100 Alliances fighting against me, but when we do counter-attack in raid, we barely see no-one in the battlefield. So, it’s the same 50 Aboms fighting against 1-10 Alliances.

Is this layering somehow helping Alliances more?

There must be some problem with the phasing. I can’t believe the fact that everyone is keeping War Mode off. We have even streamed this stuff on Twitch and have seen barely no Alliances fighting against us, or no counter-raids.

I personally believe these are the issues however:

• Phasing at world quests in SL zones
  • Players have other stuff to do like Torghast, dungeons and raids
  • Getting honor in “real” PvP
  • Chilling in lame Oribos, or Covenant places (Especially this has killed World PvP)

While we did the first character leveling WM On, we had like 500 Alliances fighting against 50 Aboms. To note, we play on 90% Alliance server for a true reason though. Still lacking PvP content lol.

How to fix world PvP:

• Remove World Quest, or zone related phasing
  • Add more World PvP achievements
  • Force players out of the Oribos and Covenant places

Feel free to add your feedback and if you want world PvP, let me know.

7 Likes

Agreed… after the new system WM came out it has been such a mess with the phasing and people just doing it for the quest and then goes back in the city again.
Been doing wpvp for years but i cba trying to even find people amd even if I do, Its just some random i wont see around again because of this server mixing so called WM. Bad system :)))

I am kinda missing BfA WPvP, was nice having a Horde city to attack.

Or just an invasion with some activity every day…

Well, that was added a bit later in BfA, fingers crossed they will add in SL later. But… where are air drops? That was a fun thing in BfA. Maybe that was a BfA specific thing.

Tbh I am having fun killin Horde at wqs, but the start of BfA I have very nostalgic memories of the big WPvP happenin.

Missing:
Enemy cities
Air drops
WPvP quests except AOO.

My gripe with the world “PVP” currently is that grouping is kinda killing the vibe of fresh, open world PVP. Balancing between classes is still out of whack.

The w-pvp achievements are still borked or just not spawning? (idk ive never seen any of the trials yet you need for the new world pvp title & Ontop of that the covenant achieve is still broke.)

Alot of shards feel just dead even at the w-pvp quests.

There are no-one with such titles, because of the problem with phasing and hence no proper World PvP happening.

By the way, 30 of our guild got banned from Friday’s 40-man world PvP event including me… And we play these days on PvP realm obviously. Not the RP one. Apparently the issue is the Maw zone with world PvP. The only place, where you can find enemies is the front of that cave and the portal to Oribos, but as its the only entrance to the cave in and out, players think we are grieving.

We were world PvPing there about 30 minutes and then left to Stormwind, because there were no Alliances to play against. Apparently they mass-reported us in the Maw as I would think of the only place to be “grieving”, when clearly that was not our plan. The plan is always encouraging Alliances to make counter-attacks.

What’s the reason for them to have Warmode on even? They can just turn it off inside the cave. They can simply also to make a counter-attack against us. That’s what we honestly want besides having fun. But apparently we are forced to put WM off now after the event. What’s the reason of Warmode invention, if you can’t have world PvP in groups too? We had this before Shadowlands many times and it was just perfect. Now all this dead. Before SL we had 100vs100 world PvP battles like.

The ban is just 3 days though, but still kinda weird. We see that we did not do anything wrong.

4 Likes

what if wpvp happened in warmode how could that be grieving?
dont alliance do same when they get 20 warmode buff outside cave?
and ontop of that a ban even

You are true yeah… As an Alliance / Horde you can turn Warmode off in that cave and go freely to the Oribos portal and then again turn Warmode on in Stormwind / Orgrimmar, if you wanted. Alliance does the same grieving in front of the Maw, but just with different nicknames.

We don’t really know the real reason for our “mass-reported” ban. We are also not multiboxers. All +600 Aboms are different players.

The problem in my opinion is the entrance to the cave… Then again we don’t know where and who reported us. We personally believe its the Maw.

So shortly saying, we are looking towards the apology from Blizzard.

3 Likes

Whoa, blizz should disable reporting players in WM. It’s not needed, since griefing is not possible in WPvP, only in PvE.

1 Like

Well you are making a raid of 40 people, ofc the game will phase you out, Alliance run in groups, 3-5 people.
So … make a grp of 5 ppl and go kill.
The part with the ban … I have no idea, either blizz made a huge mistake or you are not telling the whole story.

So, apparently we got response from a Game Master today and the bans were not related to World PvP after all… We thought so deeply due to our guild’s history at RP realms.

The ban reason was us mass-reporting a WoW hooligan, a “stream sniper” as we call it. There was a guy harassing at our event in Orgrimmar (yeah, Orgrimmar is free for everyone and behave like they want) and at stream going to big mounts and calling us with bad names like virgins. We tried everything to let him know that we are streaming etc. So, we mass-reported that player, which resulted to us getting mass-banned for a couple days. I believe there is some lack of misunderstanding within the Blizzard staff too how we do our things together as guild, or if they even know about us.

I believe the GM that decided to do that call to ban us for “abusing the reporting system” did not really know terms like “stream sniping” in the game. We were simply trying to remove a disruptive player, but instead got banned as disruptive players. Like 99% of the time we get really good feedback of what we are doing in-game at our events. We try to make this game really cool as a guild.

Otherwise saying, no hard feelings and we hope the phasing issues get solved at some point to make World PvP Great Again. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Ah, good to know!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.