Blizzard its been almost 2 weeks

Blizzard its been almost 2 weeks since the launch and still there is not an official annoucement about the FD + Trap Bug, cmon…

8 Likes

I keep posting on these threads because it is neither a new issue nor a bug

The issue is complained about on the forums over a period of over 14 years in the US particularly

FD can’t be instantaneous because of the effects of lag

Having dropped combat you can still re-enter it if you or your pet attack or have a tick on a dot

You can still be re-targeted - or an incoming spell could hit as you cast

You could be moving as you cast

It seems there is acknowledgement that there is an underlying issue but even if this is fixed - which Blizz indicate a patch for - FD and Trap will not work in every scenario and can be resisted- like every other talent

1 Like

There are vanilla videos where Feign death combat is drop instantly and it was the same in the beta, this is a new issue.

4 Likes

No - it isn’t - there is so much information regarding this to read and watch in the internet

You want an ability that instantly takes you out of all combat - drops all aggro - and lays a trap

Spell batching does not work that way - and it can be resisted

There are a number of folk who have posted macros to mitigate the issue but a lot of lifelong Huntards have posted YouTube comment to say - hey guys - this is actually how it was

Every class has a 400ms batching delay on spells - instant or otherwise

2 Likes

Doesnt matter because script macros were used to counter the small time window you have to put a trap. Now there is no macros that can do that. In other words it needs to be fixed some way or another.

I don’t think you understand a macro - again this is covered elsewhere- the script does not remove the batching delays

As an outsider looking over the fence hunters seem to be demanding an unfair advantage - an ability to have a guaranteed get out a jail free card when they stuff up - no other class has that leeway

nope thats not what we are asking. We are asking a fix to a buggy mechanic.

The feign death allready has a chance to resist you know…Not being able to put a trap when you are actually aloud is indeed a problem. As an outsider you wouldnt understand anyway cause you havent experienced it so.

Look - you have to drop combat to Kay the trap

FD won’t always drop combat in every scenario - and that’s what you are asking for - it simply won’t happen

Given the years this has been a moan and that hunters who have played since Vanilla have stated it isn’t a bug - I’m struggling to see where you are going with this

no thats not what we are asking for. See this is the problem. You dont know the issue with the spell xD

What are you asking for?

As I read this you are demanding that when you hit FD+Trap it happens every time without fail

Did I misread?

Are you saying you accept that FD won’t always take you out of combat?

So therefore you can’t lay a trap?

Or are you stating that if you cast FD + Trap that the trap should set even if you stay in combat?

You’ll forgive the confusion here

For instance I allready mentioned that the feign death spell can be resisted, but you didnt pick that up. Resist means it wont take you out of combat. This is fine. Its a core mechanic of the spell.

In the other hand when feign death does drop you out of combat you should be able to lay a trap, but the current time window is often so small that you may miss the trap by not pressing the button “fast” enough. The time window can be as small as 0.5 seconds or so. Having such a short time to press the button makes it unrealistic for a human being to be playing this game and it makes no sense.

I would be pleased if blizz would just add a constant 2 sec window whenever feign death is not resisted to be able to lay a trap. Instead of mashing the keyboard for that silly macro that may not work.

1 Like

That’s a huge unfair advantage - you are asking for the get out of jail free card

Basically FD to be guaranteed - if it is not resisted - to give you 2 seconds to lay a trap

Think about it

nope its not. But hey It doesnt matter. You have never experienced it in the 1st place and videos show how fast they are able to put traps so no its not unfair at all .
The spell can allready be resisted and then there is the spell batching and the freezing trap as well can be resisted. thats 3 gates having to go through allready to make it work. You can have your opinion tho I guess. I have mine.

Dude i swear you are so clueless here, we are aware of the resist mechanic but thats not the problem, the problem is the delay when you use the Feign Death, there is a 1-2 secs delay to drop the combat and that didnt happen in vanilla nor in the beta

4 Likes

It did - it didn’t happen on private servers

I spent a quite some time looking at this over several days

This issue has been complained about on and off over 14 years

It seems that with the launch of Classic there was an expectation which is not quite working out for hunters in PvP

Blizz seem to be saying that it is working as it is expected to as are a good number of folk who played hunters in Vanilla

But you would know this if you have looked

I see countless vanilla hunters complaining about this issue on forums and in game, and nobody except you is saying it’s working as intended. Why are you lying ? Are you a warrior or rogue that wants easy mode in PVP against a class that used to be a counter and now is a free kill ? Stop spreading lies for selfish reasons.

How about posting some evidence of your clam then ? Surely you got some after spending so much time researching that issue ?

4 Likes

It’s on the internet - it’s not hard to find

Dude srsly without FD Trap combo unters are useless in pvp every Rouge or Warrior can free kill them lol.

1 Like

Why are you entertaining this dude. He obviously thinks he knows what he is talking about but does not. It was always possible to FD and trap while standing in someones face getting hit. Unless the player was VERY fast re-targetting you could do this all the time. Sure it would be resisted sometimes but it would work most times. Now it almost never works because it can take litterally seconds to drop combat. You FD mobs are running away and combat is still there just like retail. Infact maybe thats why traps were made to work in combat because some change later in the game made this hard / impossible. This bs needs fixing along with MANY other problems with pets, autoshots and melee. I have played hunter since the game launched and wont be going war / mage to continue playing either my class works or f this game.

Hunter already being a second rate class dont need more bugs to make them worse.

6 Likes

I’ll respond just to reiterate what you are asking for

You want to immediately achieve 4 actions at the same time

Take pet out of combat
Stop moving
Feign death
Lay trap

Is this correct?

What other class can insta achieve this?

As a lock I can’t cast corruption and curse of agony- tab and lay one of the two all at the same time

You have an unrealistic expectation

There is an issue with pets - but this does not just impact hunters and it has always been a thing