Blizzard merchandise - Lich King statue

People pay for exclusive and collectible items I guess, materials aren’t as important in those cases I think. Some of the larger Pokemon plushies that are being sold cost $499 even though “it’s just some fabric” etc.

I envy people who are materialistic. And collectors in general.
Seems fun. Costly, but fun!

Statue looks pretty nice and so does the picture of it that I just downloaded :smiley:

I have the slightly guilty thought that if I added up the cost of all the extraneous LotR books and Lego sets I own then they would probably easily come to the price of this statue and more.

1 Like

That’s not so bad imo.

I know someone who spent more on …certain items than he spent on his house :smiley:

1 Like

this stuff is made to be bought by idiots

Rich idiots haha… warhammer models are better imo and cheaper although still expensive

1 Like

Then now we need to know the total work time, as well as the total work time for each person respectively and their wage /hr. If the work time varies from statue to statue then we have to take the average one. But thats my main point. Too many factors we dont know about it.

Im not buying diamonds so /shrug. Apply the “rare” sticker ontop of natural diamonds then for all i care.

1 Like

I have Ragnaros statue from 15th anniversary and that one was worth it tho!

so probably 3d printed, refined a bit by hand and then painted

1 Like

Just started doing Warhammer models - the type you assemble and paint yourself.
Or as my youngest son calls it 'Airfix for nerds ’

1 Like

A diamond will always have resale value a statue from a computer game not so much.

1 Like

Apparently, they’re individually crafted and are a rare collector thing.

Personally, I’m not wasting that much for a statue, unless it’s made of pure gold. and only so that i’d sell it for much higher, because that much gold is more than 1200 euros.

But some enjoy those things.

And blizzard obviously enjoys the money.

So a win win for them, and a no one cares for us.

1 Like

oh yeah sure, i dont disagree, i guess i just wanted to give my two cents i guess. :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.