Blizzard merchandise - Lich King statue

So, returned to enter the game and saw the statue for the Lich King. That was always my favorite character in-game with a solid background story and lore. So clicked it to see how much it is going to be sold for… 1175,- euro’s for a statue of 60 something centimeters tall!!!
Are you guys out of your mind!! people that buy that… good luck you’ve been screwed big time… if I were to buy a statue at this price it must have at least been at a historical digsite for 500+ years and have any historical value… pfff rediculous

6 Likes

Git gud at sculpting and make one yourself!

That’s what I do. If i don’t like the idea of buying something this expensive I just… make it myself. :smiley:

Edit: AHHHH! It looks so dope tho. I wanna draw it now!

2 Likes

I would at least expect the eyes and sword to glow for that price!

2 Likes

I was laughing at that price, I know people who paid about the same for a car.

But this little chunk of metal is supposed to be worth it? Here’s the thing that price is just all about the limited availability. Create more and ask for half and it would sell more. But some weird humans wouldn’t feel special then.

Ah well, I guess its nice for decorating your streamer set up. Thanks patreons! :>

4 Likes

Eh, considering the attention to detail (in the pictures at least) the price doesn’t seem too bad. Hand painted and possibly hand sculpted? Seems reasonable even if it’s pretty expensive.

2 Likes

If it makes people happy and they have the money to buy these kinds of things, then good for them.

Blizz Store

1 Like

What!? £3,000 for a diamond ring!? it’s like an inch tall!

Such silly logic, dude.

For that comparison to work we would need to know the value of the mats used for a statue. Diamonds in themself are quite valuable. Also people that judge the price of that statue are not necessarily people that are fine with the price for diamond rings or similar stuff.

Personally i couldnt care less about its price as i wont buy it.

1 Like

polyresin doesnt seem to be that expensive. i suppose what you pay for is the labor and not the materials. approximately nine people have worked god knows how long on it so i guess they have to recoup the cost somehow.

imo its not worth it by a long shot. for 1k € i just expect more and better quality. some parts look good, some just look absolutely dreadful like the cloaks hem:

I agree that it isn’t worth it but if we think what a good craftsman can earn earn per hour, they wouldn’t have had to put in more than 10 or so hours each to easily fetch that price just on labour alone.

1 Like

definitely. no idea how much work they really had to put in but its my only guess as to why its so expensive, besides “blizzard is just greedy”, given that the materials dont seem to cost an awful lot.

Their statues are getting more and more expensive and it’s just ridiculous. They used to cost £300-ish and this one is more than 3 times that. Yes, it looks amazing, but my god that’s a lot of money…

Protip though for anyone who wants to get it: new customers to the gear store get 15% discount so use a new email to sign up to the store and get a sizable chunk off this statue!

3 Likes

Except not really since we can synthesize them in a lab and they’d cost less.

Sure the diamond market tries to propagate the idea that natural diamonds are more valuable and you wouldn’t want a synthetic diamond on your jewelery. I want you to pause for a moment and think why this should even be a thing.

it’s made out of resin… it’s literally just make a single one, then a mould from that initial one and then mass create them, that’s it.

I’m not sure why the sudden jump in price. Is it bigger or more detailed than those of the past? Made of different materials.

1 Like

I think it’s bigger - the Thrall one which was also more expensive (around £700 I believe) is larger than the previous ones, but mainly because Thrall is a large strong orc so of course he’s going to be bigger than puny human Jaina or undead elf Sylvanas. Illidan has massive wings but a much smaller body, so isn’t nearly as heavy as solid Thrall!

There is a lot of awesome detail on the Thrall statue, and I assume the Lich King one will be similar. Is it two/three times the price worth of detail? I’d say no, but then it’s my husband who’s the crazy statue enthusiast with the credit card and love for the Lich King, not me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

cheap as chips resin

I can see why people want them. They look great.

I can just admire them from afar and tell myself it’s less dusting :rofl:

2 Likes

Ours are in display cases to keep them safe from the cats! That helps to avoid dusting, and the cats get a nice area to lounge and watch over us from on top of the cases!

1 Like

You missed the best part - Blizzard’s merchandise nowadays looks like a generic Chinese knockoff and ironically it’s made in China for peanuts and sold in the west for a fortune.