Blizzard needs to reintroduce AP to save wow

Playing is fun, being forced to do so is less fun.
I enjoy clearing the content i like doing and then logging off, going outside, touching grass.

If they can provide content that isnt an endless grind tied to player power, im all for it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I agree.

Me too; and I do.
However… It’s not the only thing I like.
Sometimes I just want to play and work towards something over a long period of time.
That’s what I enjoy in an MMORPG.

However, since I’m not ‘obsessed’. I have the ability to step away from the game.
I don’t feel ‘forced’ to stay because ‘I’ll fall behind’.
That kind of freedom is wonderful, honestly and I would recommend it to everyone.

1 Like

No.

I had like level 31 on the heart at the end of season 1 on this char, which meant I could never fully use azerite armor I had obtained during season 1, especially not for the earlier part of the season. Helmets were fully unlocked at 31 but chest was fully unlocked at 32 and shoulders at 33.

Guess what. My time played in m+ has shot up vertically almost like a mountain wall in SL & DF compared to BFA because there’s no dumb AP grind or anything like that, if I obtain the gear I can use it instantly and not have to grind some dumb currency. I don’t have to grind AP. I don’t have to grind essences. I don’t have to grind corruptions. I can just go m+ instantly and just play m+, I don’t have to do world content(except with that dumb ring but it’s irrelevant finally).

BFA is one of the worst expansions to date.

Well, that’s the thing. If you simply played m+ without stressing about AP you would unlock all rings well before the end of the season. But you didn’t play because you were upset that you can’t have all rings immediately. :neutral_face:

Nobody had all rings early in the season, not even the most nutjoby farmers.

4 Likes

You’re straight up trolling now.

How am i trolling? you said that you didn’t play and that you almost quit.

4 Likes

You are the biggest troll and the most toxic player lol

So carry on, keep griefing in m+ and rated PvP

2 Likes

In Legion.

Neither the heart of azeroth nor Azerite armor existed in Legion.

Ok fine, you almost quit in Legion but you didn’t almost quit in BFA.

I know that, i did play second half of Legion.

I agree about that, essences were completely unnecessary, especially the pvp one which was bis for many spec.

Ok, so you have played BFA, then how you had problems with unlocking?

I’ve played little bit of raiding, m+, and callings but only if completion reward was good (aka not every day)
That’s about it. Didn’t bother with islands nor with some extra wq’s whatsoever.

1 Like

The forced to grind AP lie is so wild to me.

It is such an incredibly audacious lie, because it is so easily disproven by mathematics taught to 12 year olds. Yet I see the lie repeated constantly and when confronted with basic maths, the person making the lie always just doubles down.

It also just seems abundantly clear to me that these people just want to play a pure lobby game, so why on earth even play an MMORPG? WoW content is not even good on its own, which we all know given the fact that if they deleted gear from M+ and raids the game would die within a month. There are good competitive lobby games out there (you guys play for a challenge is what you claim). So go play Dota2 and CS:GO. They are both excellent lobby games and will give you a bigger challenge than you will ever receive in World of Warcraft (which is sort of the Mario Kart of competitive games).

5 Likes

Because you got pretty much nothing from m+. A player like Andybrew only got to 35 in season 1.

WoW has always been about instanced content.

It had some of the best launch patch zones of any expansion though.
I played more and had more substiantial things to do in BfA than I did in TBC (for instance).

Of course; BfA did have the patch that I hate more than any other patch ever: 8.3.

1 Like

Can you tell me, which patch is the best for you?

Oof, that’s a tough one.
I would have to go back and check what exactly was in every patch (and there’s been so many).

The reason why 8.3 stands out to me as the worst is just because it ruined so much for me and basically everything in it was a disappointment; from the systems, to the raid, to the zones. It was all bad (imo).

well nvm, but most of the players, even such as me, wouldn´t rate patches because exists the minor ones, the major ones are additional content from the expansions

almost all of the major patches are pretty fine for me

They surely need to introduce something to make most content relevant in terms of power/character progression.

All this ridiculous “play once and forget”- content is silly and a waste of development time.

4 Likes

Sure, some less or more than others.
10.1 was pretty disappointing for me, for instance.
10.1.5 was better than 10.1 for me.

It’s weird, because on the one hand they’re making more evergreen content in DF than they ever did. But on the other hand; what you said.

Worthwhile instead of making them fun, eh ?

People would still quit if it’s boring.

So let me quote what you’ve said :

And in many cases, such as Blizzard making some bad tunning or preventing players from using their weapons to their full potential, including that damn neck.
It was not needed for 90% of the playerbase but CE raiding has other requirements.

Oh I guess you’re god gamer ! Or am I into some kind of conspiracy ? :x

Why ‘instead’? Why not both?
They’re not mutually exclusive.

Not if it’s worthwhile.
But see my previous reply above.

Alright. Fair enough, you’re right.
But, I said ‘what if I’. It was a hypothetical situation about if I were to say that.
Because I’m being told ‘I don’t need things’ all the time; but from MY perspective, they’re wrong about that. That’s why I said what I said: That it’s not fun being told you don’t need something, when you ‘feel’ you do.

Yeah sorry, that would be 99.9 % of players didn’t have to farm AP, not 90%.

3 Likes