Blizzard please, Disc changes are BAD!

• Flash Heal healing increased by 25% (Discipline only).
  • Renew healing increased by 25% (Discipline only).
  • Power Word: Radiance healing increased by 100%.
  • Ultimate Radiance increases the healing done by Power Word: Radiance by 10% (was 100%).
  • Sins of the Many increases damage dealt by 40% at its highest effectiveness (was 30%).
  • Divine Aegis create a protective shield for 3%/6% of critical healing done (was 5%/10%).

PLEASE don’t go this way. Disc is about shielding, penance and healing by dealing damage, don’t buff flash heal, renew and radiance… these are the spells that are NOT fun to press as disc. It’s not a holy priest…

1 Like

Did you miss the part where it says:

This is a pretty substantial buff to atonement healing. The other changes coming in 10.0.5 will also help. Maybe its not enough to break even with rdruids and evokers, but it’s a good step in the right direction.

SotM buff will be noticeable. In arenas, it will both increase our atonement throughput and burst to set up kills.

As I said elsewhere, SCov makes our shadow spells hit really hard and it will receive buffs in the same patch.

We will still not spam Flash Heal outside of Surge of Light procs. It will be much effective when we does though. I wonder if it will be noticable with Dampening and all these healing reductions most classes throw at you, but we shall see. Renew is a nice change, it might be comparable to Flash Heal now I guess.

I did not expect Radiance to get such baseline healing buff. I think they could leave Ultimate Radiance as it is, at least we would have our glorious strong Radiance back, but this is fine. Now I only wish they would bring it it our spec tree instead of PvP talents. It would help Disc to smooth out their playstyle in PvE greatly and it would give us one PvP talent point.

Divine Aegis is most potent in raids, in other content, it’s rather weak and is only picked because of Aegis of Wrath. This nerf will not make huge impact on PvP or M+ builds I guess. I don’t think it is necessary though. Maybe they could remove it now and rework it. In fact I’d really like to see something similar to Dreamweavers soulbind ability https://www.wowhead.com/spell=319213/empowered-chrysalis
That would be nice unique stuff which definitely fits disc.

Hope you are joking, those are pretty massive buffs. I think disc and resto shaman will be the 2 best healers in m+ now due to the direct nerfs to resto druid damage and healing, it certainly will be way better than holy priest.

thats hard copium if you think priest will be even close to druid evoker. Forget throughput we simply lack the utility these 2 bring to the table.

1 Like

Yeah but those 2 didn’t get any buffs while disc buffs are huge. And you have 2x charge on Pain Supp now too. Disc is better than them.

The only thing that seemed like a nerf is Divine Aegis getting reduced. I’m guessing these days they still sorta have the philosophy of not wanting Disc to snipe all the heals with bubbles.

I did not say we didn’t get buffed, I said we are getting buffed in the worst way possible. Renew and flash heal should not be even in our toolkit…

what do you expect they don’t even know how to make any priest specc anymore and its been like that ever since legion when they removed so renew don’t give mastery for holy.

And added stressform for shadow.

and remove shields absorbsion for dici.

I think in general priest this season is the worst its been ever.

Healing in general compared to Mop/Wod as priest feels horrible.
Dps as shadow feels wonky compared to cata/mop/wod.

Blizzard don’t care its a trans. . .action.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.