Blizzard start regulating your game now?

As of late i’ve seen multiple things of which i am sure a lot of other players are bothered by as well.

Why are players that multibox still allowed in this game?
According to your own eula it states that a player or players are not allowed to deregulate the game or influence it in such a way that other players are affected?
Multiboxers do just that, they overfarm resource nodes in a manner that it instantly despawns when they loot it, leaving a normal player with nothing and flying around for nothing wasting time.
I’ve seen multiboxers kill other players when they focus 5+ characters to kill one player.

If this is not against your own eula why were you banning people that used a game streaming service like GeForce Now?
I mean those people need to buy an active account like any other player the only thing being they use a cloud service to render their images?
I mean i’m not too bothered about that decision however, i find that multiboxers violate your rules even worse and yet they’re still rampant on the servers.

Before people start claiming that these multiboxers pay for their subscription that if just plain bs?
They are multiboxing so they can overfarm the nodes so they can afford running 5+ characters.
Also i am quite convinced that a lot of these multiboxers are affiliated with those trash websites that want to sell you their “boosting services”, another offense i am sure Blizzard does not want?

Next thing is the constant spamming of “boosting services” they are out of control, i’ve left /2 with all of my characters, but now they’re either using /1 or just /y to advertise their “services”?!
And even worse now they are exploiting calendar invites to set their messages inviting people to come to their trash websites and buy their services?!

So blizzard please take back control of your game, make the community see that you do care and enforce your own made rules?

14 Likes

Each pay a sub, that’s why.

I think it’s to prevent cheats or 3rd party softwares. WoW can’t analyze if the game is affected by a cheat program if the game is streamed from another pc.

At least that would be the original reason why it’s on the EULA. For Nvidia there’s also Google contract which legally prevents them from joining the service.

How they pay it doesn’t matter, they pay their sub

Farmers == boosters, two different kind of people. The farmer usually doesn’t have the time to get to 3k Io and start boosting people.

And shall continue until legion / wod gold runs out. That’s what happens when you suddenly get rid of free gold, some have too much of it for their own good and others need it badly.

I realise people really don’t like multi-boxing but the start a new topic daily is getting a bit much now.

As it is not against the rules to multibox, the game is regulated. What you want is for them to change the existing rules. That is fine but join in one of the other umpteen discussions about this instead of making everyone just repeat themselves.

Boosting for gold is also not against the rules. Boosting for real money is.

10 Likes

Because it’s easier to ban you for moaning than to develop a system that detects multiboxers and ban them.

Plus if it’s 3 accounts multiboxers that’s fine, anything over 5 involves automation of some sort and that should be banned.

5 Likes

Well, If they don’t want to ban multiboxers, than I want to be able to change the shard where I am.

Last time, I really needed herbs to craft potions so I could raid with my guild later in the evening.
A multiboxer with 10 druids was in Nazjatar farming all the herbs there. I’m from Argent-Dawn and that guy was from [Defias Brotherhood].

Why was I in the same shard???

Anyway, I could not pick up herbs as that guy always went first to every node or if there was mobs around, ofc I fighted them and he in fly form took advantage to collect the herbs in my face.

2 Likes

Because multiboxers pay extra money for the privilege to cheat in the game.

And they kill you with 1 skill yeah, 5-6+ starsurges instantly isn’t rather nice.

Activision is okay with this form of cheating, so long as they’re getting extra pay for it.

2 Likes

I take this as trolling by now. Making multiple threads of same topic. is your attention seeking needs this bad ?

Mis-information, if you do not know what multiboxing is, keep your accusations.

Those daily trolls please google and learn how multiboxing works. You may believe the earth is flat does not make it anymore true. Keep your nonsense on your one topic.

Truly should start reporting those people for spam.

5 Likes

Multiboxing is the capacity of a human being to do multiple things at once using identical actions being replicated by a mechanical entity, usually within a virtual reality space for the purposes of gaining any form of advantage over other players not performing the same practice within the scope of a massive multiplayer online role playing game.

Within the practice of multiboxing while one player is physically controlling 1 player character, the multiboxer is physically controlling usually 5 player characters, from which 1 main entity receives the commands and a software program immediately replicates these actions for ALL other clients which are active and connected to the functioning program.

To this end, within this game’s scope, each subsequent existence of virtual characters require a new account with a new subscription and purchased expansion for full functionality.

I have also taken the liberty of reporting your post, as you aggressively defended the practice of multiboxing.

For this reason, I reserve the right of ignoring any and all further replies and posts from your person.

It’s astounding that people are willing to defend these multiboxers, are you a multiboxer yourself or are you just a person looking to contradict someone for the sole purpose thereof?

Multiboxers don’t pay for their account, they use the gold they gather and buy gametime with that.
Also these people probably funnel that gold unto other mules to sell it to people that don’t want to pay € 20,- for a token that ‘maybe’ nets them ~210k of gold?

It’s basically the same people that have always been bot farming, they are just using the tactic to parade around Blizzard’s own set of rules.
The fact Blizz just chooses to ignore them irks me greatly and i am sure of the fact that it does too for a lot of other players.

I want to ask Blizzard to make a poll that will be presented on the main game launcher asking people to vote if the majority of players want them gone or not?
It’s not like they don’t know who is botting / multiboxing so they should be able to make the poll in such a manner that the botters can’t vote and the boxers can only make one?

Mark their accounts and deal accordingly because i’m 100% convinced the normal players want to see these people gone from the game!

For others reading this topic that agree, please make all your ingame friends aware and let’s make this happen!
If enough people stand up then Blizzard can’t ignore this problem and i am hoping that the results will be used to make World of Warcraft a better game in that aspect!

Make it happen people!

2 Likes

I have never seen anyone ‘defending’ multiboxers in any of the daily multiboxing threads and I’m pretty sure I’m checking most, if not all of them. Only thing people do is patiently explain what multiboxing is, how it works, what is its actual effect on the economy, how it is not against ToS etc. You know, presenting actual facts instead of going with emotions on the subject like ‘I don’t care if it’s allowed I don’t like it lalalalala can’t hear you’. Given that there has been at least one identical thread on this every single day for the last month, including multiple threads from the exact same forum users, you can’t blame people for their patience starting to run a bit thin.

Personally, I don’t multibox and I dislike the practice. I would like to do herbing from time to time and multiboxing makes that difficult for me to do. But this isn’t about me and how I feel, it’s about rules within the ToS, the ability to enforce those rules, Blizzard policy, large-scale market economy and people spreading misinformation about those things.

4 Likes

multiscumming is allowed because it fakes the player numbers and it provides, possibly, extra revenue for blizzard.

boosting is allowed because its perceived as a good way to make new players buy gold and get achievements/gear without putting any effort in, thus enticing new players to the game. blizzard get to charge real money for gold and are taking advantage of magpie players. Scummy but money talks.

your only solutions are …
1:) play the game
2:) quit.

Or maybe multiboxing is allowed because there is no way to effectively disallow it and enforce that rule, short of having an army of people physically going to people’s homes and checking their PCs.

Or maybe boosting is allowed because likewise, there is no way to disallow it and enforce that rule without having an army of people monitoring every single whisper chat log and player trade 24/7 with no bathroom breaks… And even then there would be thousands of mistakes and false positives every day.

Or maybe it’s a combination of these and many other factors and this is not a simple comicbook black & white, good & evil topic starring moustachio-twirling villains no matter how hard you want it to be.

2 Likes

Or perhaps all these posts are really a symptom of what many players consider to be a big problem. So instead of just going “comment in one of the other posts” and thus failing to comprehend the legitimacy of this thread in the first place, perhaps you should consider that the amount of threads on this topic speaks volumes, of how many players are feeling that multiboxing destroys/alters the game.

2 Likes

If people complained in one thread, it would have more legitimacy. Instead of endlessly having mini conversations about the same thing. We wouldn’t all have to endlessly repeat the same points over and over.

1 Like

I didnt mind multiboxers in the past, usually pretty easy to kill even as solo. But since the wow token i have seen a surge in multibox herb farmers, always druids in flight form, doesnt even need to dismount. But yes, sadly it all comes down to sub money.

Edit: Since the wow token was changed to also be able to trade for battle net money and not only sub time.

3 Likes

You think so? I doubt it. Multiboxers makes blizz more Money. And thats what blizz wants.

Just how would, having it all in one thread, make it any more legitimate than it is now? You haven’t really made that any clearer. You don’t like that it’s being brought up again and again. Fair. But your subjective opinion on the matter isn’t an argument for why people should follow suit to what you think.

2 Likes

I doubt it would make a difference, its not like Blizzard doesnt know there is a large opinion against multiboxers, just because its spread over small threads rather than one. They just choose to ignore it.

Defias Brotherhood isn’t German.

My mistake… Somehow I always believed that people from there were Germans… Hum… maybe because 1 day people chatting from that realm were chatting in German…

Anyway, edited my post and my apologies.