Blizzard thinking of increasing the drop chance for the Big Love rocket (X-45 Heartbreaker)

Easy, because you have access to them year around, while the Hallow’s End and Love is in the Air events are available 2 weeks (or so) a year.

I have over 400 mounts myself, and I wouldnt give a darn if they changed drop rates on any of the rare mounts I have - Its irrelevant to me.

1 Like

They should absolutely increase the drop rate.

It’s something like 1 in 16000.

That’s not reasonable, nor is your take on it if I’m honest.

It’s a degenerate stat, a degenerate take and it promotes degenerate behaviour.

It’s awful all round.

8 Likes

I do not think it was intended that way to be honest… but that is the way addiction took players to do it…

there is nothing making player make multiple alts in order to continually farm the mount.

the only thing making them do that is themselves.

You’re not wrong… but Blizz know there are players that will do this. they really do have a responsibility to discourage this behaviour.

That’s not addiction.

It’s FOMO.

1 Like

After 14 years of farming i am happy for the change and here is the thread it was talked about in

Good luck on Love Rocket farm - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

4 Likes

they are taking steps to do just that, by looking at the possibility of increasing the drop rate, which is good news…

i do however feel it is as much as the players own fault as it is blizzards at the end of the day though.

the fault mainly lays with blizzard themselves ofc for setting the drop rate so ridiculously low in the first place…

but then i’ll repeat myself… “there is nothing forcing players to farm it on multiple alts only themselves” paraphrasing a bit for clarity.

1 Like
Blizzard

**Yep, this isn’t fun**. I’ve done the event a dozen times a day on my characters before in previous years and probably would be doing it again this year if I didn’t have other real-life stuff going on.

Right now, if you want to maximize your chance of getting the mount, it’s in your best interest to repeat this event every day on as many characters as possible. That’s… mathematically correct, **but not a great experience**.

We hear this frustration and the good news is that we’re discussing this issue amongst the team and evaluating possible solutions for holiday events in general. The bad news is that even if we do end up making changes, they wouldn’t be in time for this year’s Love Is In the Air holiday event

The above is Blizz’s response from wowhead.

I agree its in players control not to do it, its also Blizz’s responsibility to protect players from themselves sometimes. I personally don’t do it except to help a friend out if I happen to be on a tank but more than a few people do it on many chars, I refuse to engage.

2 Likes

It falls on both parties really. But Blizzard should discourage the behaviour, unfortunately, I tend to believe they encourage it more.

Think about when you’re in a Pub. If you’re too drunk, they stop selling you alcohol, because they have a responsibility to look after you and everyone/thing around you. But you can still go on drinking somewhere else… but that’s not the pubs responsibility anymore.

If you go to a shop and you trip up over a Mop and Bucket left in the middle of the floor. Is it your fault for not looking where you were going? or was it the shops fault for leaving a mop and bucket in the middle of the floor?

1 Like

if you honestly want my opinion of it …i think they should remove as a drop … and add it to a vender and create a new event to farm tokens to obtain it… at least then you know you will gain it after a certain time regardless…

having it a a low drop only breeds the negative side they strive to implement in this game over the past many years … “GAMBLING ADDICTION” i didnt get it … but maybe i’ll get it tomorrow that idea of “i dont want to miss my chance” … they feed you on that to keep you playing.

2 Likes

Nah.

They stop selling alcohol because they can lose their license to sell alcohol if they continue selling to people that are plastered. It’s purely because they can face a penalty if they didn’t.

1 Like

It’s never as clear cut as that though is it? Some? Sure. But theres a sizeable percentage that want their clients to have a fun time and care for their wellbeing.

Well oversimplified, as usual.

Yes, it is. These things got regulated because of the selling to people that are plastered and endangering them.

You can be sure if they removed any and all regulations and licenses with all stuff, a lot of people would be getting hurt because companies don’t care, they just want the money. If food safety wasn’t regulated, you’d be constantly in danger of getting food poisoning, they don’t even care when you point out they have old stuff(stuff that has mold on it) in the stores until the people responsible for making sure they adhere to regulations start being concerned about it, that’s when they actually start caring and not because they’re concerned about your wellbeing but because they can face penalties, now imagine deregulation on it and you’d have people dying or getting hurt just so they can make some money.

i completely agree … everything in this game is designed on that “what if i miss out” especially the shadowlands expansion as a whole it has never been as bad as it has been right now…

and that is why this expansion is failing them massively…

they have taken it too far and are now slowly paying the price for it.

Sure I realise the pub just has its licence in mind, but the idea of the rule/law in general is to protect people

They could just do this across the board, the amount of times I’ve seen someone mention the thousands of times they’ve attempted to get various mounts just makes the game less fun.

They should also remove the 10 instance lock out, makes no sense anymore to have that, and just make the drop chance decent for the event.

Would be good to see the world boss mounts at least 1% like all other legacy mount drops too.

2 Likes

it was fun once… about 15 years or so ago … its such a outdated and time consuming way to do things these days though…

the system to getting mounts needs to be modernised.

I think Blizzard has some moral responsibility to ensure that their games are designed with the player’s health in mind – mental and physical.

Design that encourages or requires players to sit for excessively long sessions in front of their computer should be cautioned.

Design that imparts a sense of obligation to play, out of fear of missing out or falling behind, should be cautioned.

Design that taps into gambling and spending value without certainty of outcome should be cautioned.

Design that invokes a strong demoralizing sense of failure or frustration or disappointment should be cautioned.

And there are a lot more, but Blizzard struggles with the above, so I’m just writing those. :grin:

Should they do something about drop rates for rare mounts in time-limited events? Yes, absolutely.

Precedence doesn’t trump reason. And if anyone saw a design of a time-limited event with a restricted amount of attempts for a astronomically low chance of a highly desired collection item, then they would say it was an entirely unreasonable design. Because it is.

The game being 17 years old shouldn’t give pause for change where it is reasonable for change to happen.

6 Likes

It really has hit me hard this event 14 years of doing it with a lot and i mean a lot of kill between 3000-4000 and i am worn out in the head.

Sha you can do 104 times per year with one char and bonus rolls and has same drop chance as this one which only has 14 per year :frowning:

I have 600ish mounts and tbh people call is prestige i call it a pretty pixel i would like.

1 Like