[Blizzard] whispers: [Blizzard Administrator] GM:

[Blizzard] whispers: [Blizzard Administrator] GM: We depth investigation abnormal account. Please visit: [website in here*] confirm that you are the original owner of the account, otherwise we will suspend your account.

This is the first time that I have encountered this message. I checked the Recent Login Activity on my Battle Account to make sure I was the only one and at my surprise someone else logged into my account at the same time while I was playing. This person logged in America while I play in Europe. Now I used Log Out From All Devices and changed my password. I did use the website that I got whispered at, but after looking through the forums of Classic other threads with the same messages in a different way are spam messages. I’m a bit confused if this is legit or not especially when it’s true what they say^^,

*Removed the website just in case when needed let me know!

3 Likes

It’s not legit.

First of all, the whisper was the standard purple color, yes? When a GM whispers you (and they will never whisper you about these things, they’ll send an email), that appears in blue, and they have a blizzard icon by their name. You won’t seem them being logged in, either. And their level of English will be considerably better than google autotranslate.

Any site you get whispered in the game that pretends to be an official blizzard site, is not legit.

2 Likes

Sounds like a phishing scam.

I suggest you set up a Battle.net Authenticator in addition to changing your password.

1 Like

Thanks [Ancelyn] and [Chronormi]! I’m going to get the Battle.net Authenticator for sure!

Hello there Alityria,

As the other fine folks in this thread have said, this message you received is definitely not legitimate - it’s a phishing scam. Make sure to never click on any link shared by one of those purported “Blizzard employees”; they can be nests of nasty digital stuff.

Apart from the other stuff already shared by Chronormi and Ancelyn, I want to add that a legitimate Game Master will never threaten you to “go to this website, or else!”. If we suspect your account is compromised, we first act (by locking the offending account) and then contact you safely via email, letting you know of the fact and outlining the next necessary steps.

Of course, if you feel something’s amiss, do not hesitate to contact us - we’ll always be glad to take a look!

4 Likes

You will find that the Blizzard at the beginning probably had an accent over some of the characters. Scammers have done this for a long time.

If you went to the site, scan your machine for malware then change your password and if you have a smart phone get an authenticator.

Yeah usually it’s some kind of wrong letter in “Blizzard” word :slight_smile: