Blizzard, you are hypocrite

Back in the WoD During infamous “Because we’d rather you didn’t play demonology” Ion, yes you Ion has said, i quote

In the first weeks of Highmaul, you saw plenty of Affliction 'locks, plenty of Demo 'locks, plenty of Destro 'locks, and looking at stats, month after month, we’ve seen that pie increasingly gravitating towards basically all Demonology Warlocks at the highest levels, and we weren’t happy with that spec in particular being what players felt like they were forced to play. And for a lot of people, it was a trap, where, you know, it’s a complicated spec to play, probably the most complex out of the three Warlock specs, but they would see and read, “Oh, this is the best spec”, and, you know, go look up how to do it correctly. If, you know, they went to Icy-veins, there was a wall of text, if they went to a site like Noxxic they were probably being misled and getting misinformation from that, and that could just lead them completely astray.

So because Demo was so good at the time, that other warlocks was forced to play it on high end level, you decided to nerf demonology pretty roughly.

We have plans to pretty significantly overhaul the Demonology Warlock as a spec going forward, that’s not happening in the 6.2 scope, because we don’t wanna make that massive type of change in a patch. Uh…

It is there he hinted at abysmal rework of demo for Legion.

Demo is still viable, it’s probably not the best spec, I would probably not expect to see tons of them in Method’s raid or Paragon’s raid or what have you, um, and Affliction, Destro are doing great, we’ve seen Warlocks putting up great parses, putting up great numbers on PTR, Warlocks as a whole are in a good place, for those of you who love Demo and it’s your favorite spec, I apologise, like, iiiiit’s, you know, it’s viable, but it’s not the best, there’s certainly an ebb and flow of specs, the, you know, taking turns being the best, being the worst over time, for now, it’s Demonology’s turn to be the worst Warlock spec.

Ion, since you became the director demo was worst all the time, because rework that you made was bad…if we put this lightly. I would rather use more harsher words, but forum moderators will ban me for that.

But back to business…ohh yes, Demo was good at highmaul. Then let’s take a look at current situation in raiding scene

Position Spec and Class Population Size Change from Previous Week
1 Balance Druid 42035 0
2 Affliction Warlock 34147 0
3 Windwalker Monk 15238 0
4 Fire Mage 42113 0
5 Shadow Priest 20905 0
6 Marksmanship Hunter 55453 ↑1
7 Unholy Death Knight 31691 ↑2
8 Elemental Shaman 9968 ↑4
9 Destruction Warlock 3054 ↓1
10 Feral Druid 3101 ↑5
11 Fury Warrior 11310 ↑3
12 Outlaw Rogue 13510 ↓2
13 Retribution Paladin 11737 0
14 Demonology Warlock 813 ↓8
15 Arcane Mage 797 ↑4
16 Havoc Demon Hunter 14519 0
17 Enhancement Shaman 4645 ↑1
18 Frost Death Knight 1775 ↓1
19 Arms Warrior 11666 ↑1
20 Frost Mage 3536 ↓9
21 Beast Mastery Hunter 4315 0
22 Survival Hunter 234 ↑1
23 Assassination Rogue 846 ↓1
24 Subtlety Rogue 5736 0

So 34k of affliction warlocks and only 3k of destro, and 813 demonology warlocks…
Here is the thing, i do belive that affli deserve to shine, but with same results in WoD you nerfed demonology to the ground, because it was just better and more popular then other specs.
There is question, why won’t you do same to other meta classes and specs?
Like mages?
42k of fire mages vs 3.5k of frost mages and 794 arcane mages?

Where “we’d rather you didn’t play Fire”?

Where “we’d rather you didn’t play marksman”?

10 Likes

The issue was that he didn’t want to say the real reason behind the redesign man, if he had been speaking truth it would of been

"Wed rather nerf the spec so you dont play it now, that way you wont have as much visual evidence that our new class demonhunter is actually just a poor replica of this complex spec with edited copy/paste directly from demonology warlock spell book.

By making it bad now we are encouraging you to not like it so hopefully demonhunter will stand out as badass and not a half %$^ lazy job that you will clearly see we didn’t have any real new ideas so we just rebranded what we already had for resale"

Let’s be real, most of demo legion was easy for them they had made the new models for demons for the expansion already

4 Likes

I miss the meta lock style, pls blizzard give it back.

3 Likes

For the love of everything that is evil and wicked; bring back Meta :frowning:

2 Likes

Or at least some version of it. Something that makes warlock players feel like saying:
"Damm, that is so freaking cool ! "
That is why we played the class in the first place. They spend so much time and effort on systems and borrowed powers and anima powers and all that stuff, the core of the class is just forgotten and oh so boring compared the previous versions.

1 Like

Apologies forum I got little emotional here

Demo is so poorly thought out, I guess to their credit the spec was just a convinience tree back when specs were just aspects of one class, yet they made it work, they made it for too well for their own liking even and now it’s gone, replaced by something thats just as poorly thought.

Like this nerf was straight out unfair, and don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to be super-conservative and say demo was perfect or that nothing should’ve been changed at all, I can accept change, its just this change was just completely fradulent and did nothing but ruined the spec.

What has demo become? It has once again become afterthought spec. Destro can pull some serious damage in friction of time, Affliction while it also has problems is not completely broken, what about Demo though?

Our pet AI is terrible, whole damage tied to unreliable sources, awful rampup, hell the rotation itself feels like going to school/work (make imps, imps, imps, over and over again, the entire day every day, and here you dont even get a reward since the repeat cycle isnt getting you anywhere).

This is not to hate on casuals or people who have it as alt, due to my arena mate being indisposed, I can’t relaly participate actively either but demo has essentialy become recreational spec to have as alt or a spec just for non-serious play in general, just for looks and the idea it has, that’s all there is to it. I swear it is literaly the most neglected spec in the game (along with like arcane I guess, some others probably too).

I don’t want this, nobody wanted this, yes it has it’s players but they literaly did all this at the expense of vast majority of the warlock base, who just wants to play their working class, with cool ideas (and there are ideas to Metamorphosis at least visual and lorewise).

I get sometimes that the team needs to take risk and try new ideas that might not work out, there will be controversial ideas or broken mechanisms but Blizzard had to test some stuff always, likewise not every idea people have about the game is good or should be implimented but like Blizzard, you just took the entire playerbase of Demo and alieanted us, I don’t want to outperform everyone, I want to play niche spec, but I want it to be my spec, that I like.

1 Like

they should just forget about the “puppet master” idea and gives us melee lock… if hunters can be melee we can also, give as meta back and make it semi-melee

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.