Blizzard's take on dying realms & 1-faction PvP realms?

First of all, TBC is my 2nd favorite expansion ever released for WoW and I love the social aspect in this game. If it wasn’t for those 2 things I would have probably quitted this long time ago. (because of botting problem, server bugs, etc.)

Then why would I want to quit?
Because of many things, but most recently I’m very close to quitting because of the server population problem.
I don’t know if Blizzard has noticed, but their servers are slowly dying.

Let me share you a little story:
I started playing WoW Classic on day-1 back in 2019 and I played on realm called Gehennas (EU). But since Blizzard clearly underestimated the game’s popularity those few servers that we had back then were so full that the queue times on them were insane ( 6-12 hours).

Blizzard kind of fixed this problem (though their response time was slow) by opening new realms and offered free migrations to them. My guild was one of those few ones that took this chance and moved to fresh servers where we didn’t have to take a day-off from work just to be able to login to the game. We moved to server called Earthshaker and it was as empty as new servers tend to be, but slowly more people kept coming and the population grew.

Everything was fine for time being, people were happy with leveling their characters, doing dungeons and doing other world activities. The faction ratio was decently balanced.
But then Blizzard screwed it all up by opening additional free migration from server called Flamelash and a lot of alliance players migrated to Earthshaker, which screwed up the faction balance. It wasn’t anything game breaking, but as time went on more and more alliance players kept migrating to Earthshaker, because supposedly it was one of those few “safe havens” for Alliance players who wanted to play on PvP realm.

Time went on and Horde players started to get tired of the increasing alliance population and slowly started migrating to other realms. By the time the TBC launched the faction ratio had crumbled to ~60/30, favoring alliance players. This was probably what broke the camels back for us Horde players and a huge number of Horde players decided to migrate to other realms where alliance won’t outnumber them, which dipped the faction ratio even further to favor alliance players.

Currently Earthshaker’s ratio is sitting around 82/18 and there has been rumors among us horde players that even more guilds have decided to migrate elsewhere because of the worsening situation, which makes the game even worse for those Horde players that decide to remain on the server. Not only the world is dominated by Alliance which makes farming materials or doing dailies impossible, but there really aren’t enough players left to play with outside raids on the Horde’s side. Like so many others, Earthshaker is slowly turning into one-faction PvP realm as more Horde players keep either quitting or migrating elsewhere.

Earthshaker is not the only server with this problem, as most of the PvP realms suffer from this same fate, either dying entirely or turning into 1-faction realms.

So I’d like to know what is Blizzard’s take on this very real problem?
Do you guys even care?

Your only visible response to this has been that you’ve put the server transfer service on discount, which isn’t the solution at all. More likely, server transfers are the sole reason why we have this problem and its a clear sign that you guys do not care about the state of your game. So putting that service on discount will only speed up the process of smaller realms dying.

One good solution to prevent this from happening would have been to implement faction ratio lock, so that the players wouldn’t be able use server transfer service if the ratio dipped too far (55/45). (though we all know why you won’t disable that service)

So, what is your response Blizzard?
You are the ones who allowed this to happen in the first place, so I think you owe your paying customers to give us at least an response on what your take is.

7 Likes

Blizzard noob company take: do nothing but transfers for easy moneys.

Berny realm is almost dead. Most meme guilds are no more. At least world full of peace-loving allies for Berny to attack.

Basically, cowards belong in pve realms. But, cowards do not want to look like cowards. So, cowards go to PvP realm instead. With at least 70% faction.

Berny might be harsh, but truth cannot hide no moe. Berny not coward! Berny never play on realm with majority. Say no to majority transfer. Embrace world pvp.

Yes.

2 Likes

Why are you trashtalking blizz for opening transfers when it was on players demand?

And i wanna ask, now that earthshaker has 18% do you just wanna close it, keep everyone in and let it be?

2 Likes

No, Berny evil now. Don’t close ES. Burn to ground instead!

Well, i knew you were a hero berny

1 Like

Their response wouldnt satisfy you, so they better not say anything.
Response would sound like “Our transfer service is available for all players and all realms.”

That’s not entirely true. What caused the Flamelash alliance to all migrate was Blizzard announcing the time day would close the transfers. If Blizzard had done what they warned might happen, and just closed it without any announcement, we would probably never have had the Flamelash invasion.

You forgot the horde bots. They are still around every open world spot that drops aldor rep items.

Is it even a problem? People have been saying flying mounts killed world pvp for 15 years now, and most people appears to prefer being the majority faction.

You are playing a rogue. The true hallmark of a coward. Where are you hiding these days anyway? I don’t think I have seen you at all alone in the open world, despite leveling several alts by questing :frowning:

Been camping BRD or TK graveyard. Or flying around aimlessly.

1 faction realms are not a problem, its how people wants to play anyway. its inevitable.

But the realms that have incredibly low amount of players should be merged together.

very low pop servers even after a merge should enjoy the benefit of the factions being able to play together, this should also apply to Normal PVE servers because today there is no PVE server that has a high Horde population.

1 Like

Come join us on Ashbringer!

1 Like

Greetings from Earthshaker!!
5149 players… 378 horde. I just wanna do some dungeons and group quests :confused:

You want to do pve stuff, so how come you ended on pvp server?

It’s not like he is going to be able to do PVP either (a.k.a Arenas)

Because you can do both on a PvP server?
You do need to PvE first in order to PvP after all?
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Sure, but when wpvp comes, pvers leave to other realms, thing you fought against the most.

That’s usually down to one faction dominating.

If thats the way you think, then how come pvp servers even have dungeons? You know you can raid, and pvp at pvp server? Ive been in earthshaker since vanilla classic launch, and back then it was no problem.
Now i can only dream about dungeons and pvp.

Same is hapening to Mograine right now. Alliance side is dead. AH is dead. The alt community is dead making it impossible to find groups. Already guilds are tranfering making Blizzard richer as time passes by.

But we really need someone from Blizzard to come here and tell us what are their plans. I guess they are all into SoM now.

Sure there are dungeons and raids on pvp servers, it is just pve players who come to pvp servers and leave when too much wpvp occurs. That is why pvp realms die and pve dont.

I cant sign that opinion.
My guild left because there wasnt enough horde players. Low pop killed pvp, and pug groups. Its called snowball effect.
Dunno how wpvp affects to raiding. Explain it please…