Blood Elf customizaiton and updates

As always, character customization in WoW is something that should keep expanding. Many races need a lot of love and more options – but in this thread I’ll just voice what I would like to see added for Blood Elves in particular.

Hairstyle Updates for Gentlemen:

MANY hairstyles seem out of date. Funniest thing is that most of these hairstyle look beyond off from behind, where hair is so much shorter compared to front. Taking example of Mane, Falcon and a few others suffering from this problem.
Not just that, but some seem very low-res as well and in need to be updated.
Mane hairstyle, for example, could really do with making it longer and to nicely hang across the character’s back.

Hairstyle Updates for Ladies:

Blood Elf ladies, too, suffer from some hairstyles looking a little outdated. On top of that, there’s just lack of hairstyles in general. Give them more longer hairstyles. Void Elves seem to have gotten a lot more love than Blood Elves in every way. In truth I feel all these hairstyles should be shared across all elven races given they are -all- a mix of High Elves, Blood Elves and Void Elves.

ANIMATIONS

This in caps. Animations are beyond bad for male blood elves. I can’t emphasize this enough.
The ‘idle’ with weapon targeting (swords) is horrendous. They sway left and right and just look beyond unnatural and silly.
What’s with the idle animation where they look around, purse their lips and shake their head? What-…why is that even a thing?
Running animation is beyond stiff and worse than the old model’s – their backs become hunched and they lose their neck.
Walking animation is silly, and definitely needs more looking into – why the raised eyebrows?
Male blood elf idle posture is horrible and unnatural. Can we, finally, get an option to choose a posture for our characters?
Female blood elf running animation is ridiculous as their backs are so straight it makes them look unnatural as well.

FACES

As usual, we also suffer from same face syndrome. We get to choose from: Smiling face, a bigger smiling face c: , normal smiling face, serious, older – and what’s worse they very much all look similar. Where’s the variation?
Same goes for ladies. SAME faces, just different makeup.

EYEBROWS

More eyebrow customization please! Not all eyebrows need to look ò.ó
Give us more ‘straight’ looking eyebrows, more sad-like eyebrows too, not all of us have to look like angry owls.
An option for eyebrow length would be nice as well.

And that’s what I can think of so far, I likely missed a bunch of other things but feel free to contribute.
Remember, this is a thread where I just stated what I would like to see just for Blood Elves. Other races need more love as well, but that’s for a different thread.

above everything they should first fix that poker face stance of blood elf and void elf when they are looking sideways and then move their face to look at u .it exists since they were introduced as races .

1 Like

NOOOO I love that!

2 Likes

And you can’t even choose the makeup because if you want lipstick then you have to frown or be mad all the time. Enjoy!

Animations are very much the same as they were in classic and they look better there somewhat, along with some gear. Things should just get changed to reflect the Warlords and beyond models.

1 Like

100%
Female humans get to choose makeup, but female elves have it glued to face styles which is really bad and annoying.
Humans in general got so many options when it comes to faces etc, that it puts other races to shame. Look at how much love Dracthyr got as well.
All races should get that amount of options.

And I totally agree about animations. Somehow in classic these animations just look more natural and better. With new models they look so stiff and unnatural.

2 Likes

Most idle animations with weapons drawn are horrible because there is no animation. It’s just weapons glued to the idle animation. The Brewmaster Artefact is a step in the right direction but not a solution.

But animations were always this game’s Achille’s Heel I guess. I mean take a look at the new game mode. They can’t even rig the models properly, using the attack ability puts you unto the “unarmed combat stance” making most characters look like they are sticking their cutlasses into their own faces.

Done a quick edit of the current hairstyle I’m using for my Belf.
I’m really hoping Blizzard re-visits these hairstyles and updates them.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GK69bS8WcAApSlf?format=jpg&name=large

As an High Elve from alliance i’ll apreciate fel’elve hmm i mean sin’dorei ladies haircuts

We dont have lot of different haircuts…

Compared to Humans and Dracthyr, our options are beyond limited. For any other race too, for that matter.

I really hope TWW expands the customization even more.