Blood Elves and Frost Magic

As far as I can see when it comes to lore characters, Blood Elf magi generally prefer to focus on pure arcane energy or harness that energy into Fire magic.

With the addition of fire and flame symbolism in Blood Elf culture can anyone help elaborate on the place for frost mages in the ranks of the magisters?

I understand that the specs aren’t as distinctive in the lore as they are in WoW, with most magi utilising all elements of the arcane but I want to play a frost Blood Elf and I was hoping for some cool angles to approach.

1 Like

Most prominent Frost Mage in the modern Kirin Tor mainstream has always been Human - your kind call her Jenny or something like that. She’s one of the supporting characters in “The Legend Of Prince Arthas” (curse him thrice!) or at least that’s what I was told.

Maybe because of that Alliance propaganda you haven’t heard many tales of Sin’dorei mages who embrace the Frost nor me among them. Remember also that phoenix is a symbol of Thalassian spirit just as darksaber is an embodiment of Darnassian savagery; the first one’s connection with the element of Fire makes Pyromants our poster boys.

What’s incredibly ridiculous is that an organisation of bards, which records the story of our leaders such as prince Kael and lord Theron, is called “Blizzard”. Those damned silver-tongued and brass-minded comedians didn’t make a Sin’dorei Frost mage an important character in any of their ballads. Ironic.

But there always were and there always will be Sin’dorei who wield the Frost with artistic imagination and terrifying might. Do not be shy and step out of the shadows, play your part. I would gladly welcome another Frost mage in Dalaran.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.