Bloodbath Sim Query

I done a 5:55 Raiding Dummy Test in Dragonflight ended up with the following data.

I found a HUGE disparity between the results and I cannot tell why.

I done 107 Casts of Bloodbath with a avg of 88k and resulted with 9.2M dmg overall.

A sim with 6 minutes Patchwerk Boss fight ONLY personal buffs added

Sim done 133 casts Bloodbath which resulted in 18.3M dmg with a avg cast of 137k.
—Image 1 —
ibb
co
/hFtB37v

–Image 2 —
ibb
co
/hFtB37v

Sorry for the poor link formatting posting I am not sure how you post links in the forums as it kept saying cannot post links.

If anyone can spot the obvious difference here please it would be appreciated as I cannot see where im losing 50% dmg in bloodbath.

Thanks

I have no idea what those links are, nor am I going to click them.

First things first, one test on a dummy is not a very good sample size. Sims are a test done a thousand or more in one go, then that data will bring out an average. So, let us say with good RNG you get 120 casts (thanks to reck procs; so you can go Ramp, BB, ramp, BB - instead of Ramp, BB, slam, BT, rampage). Bad RNG will give you 80. The difference is huge test to test, but when you run the test thousands of times, you get an avg expected scenario, let us say 100 casts of BB for the sake of argument. That is what the sims would show.
So sample size, and just RNG and variance could explain it. You are comparing your one, ten or hundred tests, to a program doing thousands. Think, of a coin, you do ten flips, you do three heads only. So 30%, right? Then you do 1000 flips, and it is 493 to 507. And it is basically 50%. You get the idea. Bigger the sample size, the closer to the average you will get, where variance becomes less of an impact factor.

Sims is playing “near” perfectly, aka, there is a bit of latency and misstakes built in, but you slapping about on a raid dummy is likely to do more misstakes.
~ we are only human, after all, only human~ after all…

EXECUTE PHASE matters A LOT for Fury
Now, the Raidtestdummy is usually at full health. While a sim will gradually drop the targets health to simulate the boss dying and going into execute phase. During execute phase, your BBs will be cast more often and hit a lot harder; as such DPS and avg hit damage increase dramatically (thanks to the tierset and VP talents).

If you have any questions, and you are certain the reasons above are not the reason. Then You should head to Skyhold (discord), and go into the Fury channel and post your finding there. Skyhold is where a majority of the theorycrafters are, not to mention a lot of people with tons of experience and know-how of warrior as a class. They would love to see such findings and break down why and how. I am sorry to say, it is close to their fetish doing so.

No matter what you chose to do, I wish you a great day and coming week! :dracthyr_heart:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.