Blue Dragonflight questline > BFA + Shadowlands campaigns

Change my mind if you can! We need way more stuff like these!
Campaigns and questlines that touch your heart!

To the people that made this happen: I salute you!!!

2 Likes

Ye, Fr, it was pretty good storyline, props to the writters.

1 Like

Going in order :
BFA > okish , although it felt very monotone .
Shadowlands > too much to describe . A short no .
Blue flight > Short answer : Boring soap opera , tear jerking that tries too hard .

Long answer :
I liked revisiting the old zones and seeing some old npcs . Maybe the overall idea was ok . The story telling and the character builds were poor . We are expected to feel sorry for npcs the character has hardly interacted with , with a bunch of cringe lines that feel fake and forced . Over all this felt like it was survivor , soap opera or some random lower grade series on netflix . If you like stuff like that than great for you . There are definitely a lot of people who like it it seems .

For me personally the only questline I kind of liked this expansion was the Silver Scale one . In fact many of the books and the secrets in Forbidden reach were more interesting that most questlines combined .

2 Likes

Malygos did nothing wrong.

Like what? Entire quest line is a fart in the wind with zero value. If you like such stories you better go play something like Animal Crossing.

god it still kills me that Senegos had to pass. based troll dragon.

I always imagine he had a taste for troll women, thus his visage.

So I finally did the quest chain and… it was what I expected. Dragons sharing their regrets, having identity issues, and solving differences by talking about them and focussing on their shared humanity. Yes, humanity, because it certainly isn’t anything more draconic than that.

Yes, it is emotional and all that (or at least competently emotionally manipulative). Yes, it is good that we are checking up on Azeroth, and getting some updates on the state there (though that really should be more of a minimum requirement than a marker of high quality. Still, a laudable change…). But the dragons are just trivial everyday characters and the stories are all child-friendly stories with obvious moral lessons, while everything about the past we played through is painted with regret. So… pretty much like all the Dragonflight side-stories. I just don’t care for it, and I’m really worried about how Azeroth will feel if they actually do something approaching a Cataclysm-style old world remake anytime soon…

(And we’re seriously dealing with feelings about Theramore NOW? 10 ingame-years after it happened? That’s timing the Black Widow movie could be jealous of. )

I have to agree that the quest (and all of Dragonflight, really) is very… sanitized. Safe.

Going into Theramore, i expected to meet some alliance mages who couldnt let go of old grievances. I expected them to be still furious at the horde, to view the current peace as a giant joke. Some radicals who wanted to build new mana bombs to finally get some payback. But no, none of that. Instead, these guys have some weird motivation about feeling unsafe and sad that Rhonin died some 10 years ago, so they want to build new manabombs in secret, to… protect themself? There wasnt even a single mention about them being afraid of the horde going off the rails again. It felt quite bizzare, as if Blizzard was afraid to even hint at faction agression still being a thing that exist.

1 Like

I kind of wanted it to be the Alliance working on the magical equivalent of a nuclear deterrent in secret, and the blue dragons noticing and putting a stop to it. It wouldn’t even have to touch on actually restarting the faction war, and could have given us a reminder of Turalyon’s “the ends justify the means”-attitude. Just something to show that not everyone expects the world to be happy and peaceful forever now… But a gnome whining about Kinndy is what we got. Which seems like cheap emotional manipulation. An attempted reminder of an emotional story instead of one in its own right.

I mean, I really want Blizz to give us more regular upates on the state of the world, instead of forgetting about plotlines as soon as their attention is diverted (“What sword?” is only funny until it is sad), but that’s not exactly what they were doing here, is it?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.