Blue Post from US - Season 4 Rewards/Legendaries/Conduits/Currencies Etc

Apologies if this is a duplicate post but I couldn’t find an EU equivalent:-

10 Likes

Not providing items to upgrade legendaries is a big mistake. Players aiming to be competitive will now need to recraft them to the lowest stat weight slots because they’ll be the worst items by ilevel.

A vendor item to upgrade them 26 ilevels with cosmic flux solves all the problems instantly.

A poor design decision since this effectively costs players money - instead of crafting or buying an upgrade from the AH, we have to buy new slots and recraft instead.

1 Like

It’s a great change.

Theres no “race”, no hall of fame and no reason to sweaty no life min max it to death with a spreadhsset. I’d have been mightily annoyed if you had to pay to upgrade for the umpteenth time. This is a change that benefits the majority and forces the minority who want to min max to the nth degree to cough up.

3 Likes

It’s not a great change. The intent of the design is clearly you don’t have to pay for expensive AH upgrades. This is good.

The reality of the design is it forces recrafting the items anyway. It’s an awful strategy because the designer hasn’t considered this.

A vendor item for cosmic flux solves every issue. Players don’t have to pay a fortune at the AH. Players don’t have to throw legendaries away and recraft them.

Making player power worse is a bad decision, and you seem to have ignored the easy solution I provided.

1 Like

Its kinda weird to have legendaries as lowest ilvl , also conduits could use some love too .

Im mostly curious how various items will be scaled , as example wod rings with main stats ( which imho are gona be bis) or tank neck from kara(?) .

Moving it to a flux vendor would be first prize because it addresses your concern and prevents people paying out gold.

I will not be purchasing any upgrades to min max stats and I’d be surprised if more than a minor fraction of the player base felt the need to. In my eyes you’ve sort of provided a solution to a problem I don’t acknowledge.

Just because you don’t acknowledge the problem, it doesn’t make it not a problem. That’s as sensible a point as “balancing doesn’t matter because I personally don’t play M+, PVP, or raid”.

The designer themselves has acknowledged the problem, the issue is that their solution is badly thought out and creates a new problem itself. Hence the constructive criticism, which is a point looking at other forums several others have also made.

To say nothing of it being weird that your strongest items now become your weakest, which feels bad.

2 Likes

They’ll still be the strongest. Even having them at 210 would make them the strongest for their respective slots due to their effects.

The Unity legendary is weak enough for certain specs that it will end up being dropped. It’s not an issue at present because it’s effectively a free stat upgrade.

That also doesn’t address the issue of it feeling awkward and weird that the most powerful items become weaker, or that the solution chosen creates a new problem.

1 Like

2 Likes

I feel like a 5head now because I accidentally crafted my legendaries into the worst slots possible…or well the best slots now considering s4.

1 Like

Wrong assumption.
The Legendaries are the most powerful items that the Primus could imbue with his magic.
However, now that the Jailer is gone, creation in Zereth Mortis evolved further to create better gear. However the Primus did not yet evolve further so the legendaries stay at their level.

Might be a way for Blizzard to foreshadow the phase-out of the the legendaries and borrowed power in DF.

thanks Puny. Its incredible how blizz put things on EU forum late.

2 Likes

I did hunt, and I may have missed it but it seems some stuff is only going up stateside atm.

I figured it was worth sharing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

From a casual perspective it is also awful.

Legendary items really have not felt legendary this expansion when the way to get them has been doing content for someone suffering from a lobotomy in the form of Boreghast, and being forced to spend 200 000 gold every new patch to upgrade them.

Now they are also inferior when it comes to stats from 3 other sources of gear?

They could’ve let us use Flux to upgrade it atleast.

1 Like

Only mythic raiders will have to reforge their legendaries. For 99% of characters, it won’t matter. Farming more Cosmic Flux is a lot of effort on alts, so it’s good that we can focus on just playing the actual game.

You get a load of it by clearing layer 8 in jailer’s gauntlet. Last run I did took like 8-9 or something minutes and it gives 1750 cosmic flux or something. You can do this weekly.

Lovely
Tho aquire a Dinar will be pain in the nether reagions… 30 kill if I remember correctly? A Fates Boss? Ouch

Nothing written there looks particularly bad, legendaries are mostly for their borrowed power ability anyways.

The only thing that I think is bad is the season wide hard limit on Dinars. What if you buy something with your Dinar, then it drops as loot the next kill? This seems like people will be scared to spend them.