BM 5% is not enough

I didn’t have a bow in 10.0. . I only dealt good damage for one week when the bow was nerfed. Then the character weakened and it only got worse. Now I have 44x item lvl and I race with dh tank in raid (I’m exaggerating a bit ). The upcoming 5% change in the next reset won’t change much because it’s too small. A complete overhaul and upgrading of talent is needed or working principle . In class talents, it is not possible to select all talents that increase damage. Other classes don’t have this problem. There is only one right way in specialization talents. No other option available. They might as well remove those untapped talents. At this point, the hunters have no dmg, survivability, they do not contribute anything to the party / raid. Exotic pets don’t add anything, they’re regular pets. I’ve played several character classes and I have one piece of advice for new players. Everything just not hunter in the form it is now. I understand that in pvp it may look different, although I don’t have data, but in pve the hunter bm compared to other classes is a burden for the party / raid when racing with a tank . I’ve been playing a hunter since Cataclysm. It was different, sometimes better, sometimes worse.But there has never been such a precipice and lack of balance . Now I hear in raid do I still want to play hunter? When I look at the logs, I’m not surprised why they’re asking me this. Better to have 5 paladins / 5 priests / 5 warlocks .

3 Likes

Of course it isn’t. I’ve alluded to it in my topics but it’s a drop in the ocean. But at least it is an acknowledgement that there is something amiss with BM (and hunters in general). But I think Blizz is just going to leave us to rot and only pay lip service to our poor performance. Just be grateful the log review gang hasn’t arrived here yet to invalidate your logs based on the fact you aren’t in the top 1 percentile for performance, because that’s what happens here to people who try and discuss these things.

I’ve got your back though and I support your argument. But to be honest, I don’t think Blizzard ever even set foot on the EU forums. Like, ever.

4 Likes

My average damage in raids is about 96k, mean while warriors, warlocks and mages frequently pull 120k plus at the same ilevel, 5% means I finally break 100k but hardly a massive improvement.

For the benefit of the log people, I average between 71 and 91% so while I’m not perfect, the 91% parses are STILL 20k behind other classes that are parsing less than 91% so I am not blaming my performance entirely. The class needs a rethink

1 Like

I can not imagine that hunter isn’t getting an overall rework before the end of the expansion.
But that’s where the issue is. Until then, we are shirt, we are just shirt and there is nothing we can do about it and that’s based on the fact than I expect to see a rework, if the devs don’t even aknowledge it, we are just forked.
And even if a rework happens, it will not be before 10.2 over 4-5 months from now, what do we do in the meantime ?
Blizzard need to FINALLY understand that dev’s time is very different from player’s time and should tune us up right away and not wait 6 months for a potential rework.

But they won’t, they certaintly won’t so just suck it up and be ready to suck for the next 4 to 5 months. But you still pay as much a sub as everyone else, you know, to be a third or second rate player.

2 Likes

I also noticed the same problem in raids and previously we were very competitive in St damage. Now we are well below it and it is impossible to collide with different classes. The 5% more damage is not enough at all and with the S2 the other classes have grown and the Hunter always carries the same problems, from the defensive cds to the dps which is decidedly subdued compared to many other classes. It is undeniable: the developers have no intention of balancing the Hunter Bm and left it in oblivion.

2 Likes

It is 100% not enough.

It is a good start yes, but definitely not enough.

Props to Blizzard tho, only took them a month this time to notice us!

1 Like

Sadly I fear it’s worse than that, they will probably see the 5% as “done” until another few people stop playing lol.

1 Like

How is something undeniable when it is clear blizzard have intention of balancing BM considering its LITERALLY GETTING BUFFED in a days time, and it’s clearly not being left in oblivion because it’s LITERALLY GETTING ATTENTION.

What reality are people living in, it makes no sense at all. You might think it’s not enough and that’s fine but to say its undeniably being left is just like…clearly patently false.

They were fine with leaving us at the absolute bottom for a month.

Now they’re giving this joke of a buff.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the only change for months or maybe until next patch lol.

1 Like

Yes, certainly,
Buffing the Hunter Bm by 5% means paying LITERALLY GETTING ATTENTION to it, ignoring the fact that it has been in rank D for 7 months and this 5% should change the prospects…
A rework does not come to your mind as happened for several classes?
And I think it’s time to rework it too, right?

In reality, as I wrote above, all Hunter players have been patient for 7 months: from the defensive cds that leave something to be desired (you are the only Hunter in the entire population of Hunters in claiming that they are valid Xd), to the Aoe damage whose slight improvement in recent weeks has taken its toll on St.
But, I wonder, since you are impartial and not objective, what reality YOU are living in?

1 Like

It has not been ‘rank D for 7 months’. Firstly, there is no such thing as rank D lmao the entire game is not your favourite youtubers tier list. BM was extremely strong for 95% of vault of the incarnates, so I dunno why you are making this up completely. It’s been bad for about a month at this point. And no, it does not need a rework, just because a spec is tuned quite low doesn’t mean it needs a massive rework.

We literally got defensive buffs a couple of months ago. Where is this random 7 month number you are making up in your head. And no I am not the only one - just the only one on a forum of raging/complaints from people who are mad. Remember when we found that you wanted defensive buffs, and then didn’t use fortitude of the bear for an entire m+ run?

If all the online sites like Wowhead, icyveins etc give the Hunter Bm as class D there will be a reason, or not?
Looking at the M+ groups in the Rio leaderboard I don’t see any Hunters in the top 100.
In Season 1, the Hunter with Major Rio was ranked 188.
And this is one of the demonstrations to make you understand, but don’t admit, that the Hunter, in the M+ field, has never been competitive since the beginning of the expansion (about 7 months).

A class that doesn’t provide any buffs to the party, has very long defensive cds and is not balanced in St and Aoe damage, do you think it shouldn’t be reworked?
I think exactly like many other people.
An outdated class like the Hunter needs to be reworked

So you think you are the only one who sees things right and all people’s complaints are the result of anger and madness?
You are way off for me

And now instead? In raid, in St damage, the situation has been clearly reversed and the hunter Bm no longer performs well, indeed it is under compared to many other classes.
And you talk about trying to balance the Hunter by the developers?
At the moment he’s improved in cleave damage but he’s not competitive anyway, and in St he sucks a lot.

I don’t remember saying that I didn’t use that defensive spell but simply that it was a nuisance, during a boss to cast Bl and change Pets during the fight.
I assume they are two different and separate things, right?

Anyway with you it’s like talking to reinforced concrete Xd

2 Likes

Theb l2p if you race with a dh tank tbh.

I just don’t understand this ‘sky is falling’ mentality. BM was super strong in S1 and now that it’s no longer in the limelight Hunters are demanding all sorts of buffs. No king rules forever. Deal with it. Just because Hunter wasn’t used by best guilds in the world for 1st Sarkareth kills doesn’t mean squat for the majority of you posting here. Jerby has gone out of their way to help some people but basically got spat at. Shame on you guys.

And what’s the point of playing a class that in S1 is strong in St but is decidedly mediocre in cleave for M+run?
At the moment, with the season 2, he has slightly improved in cleave (although he is not competitive with the Op classes that have always dominated) but he is definitely below many classes in St damage. Not to mention in M+ with build M+ which literally sucks in St.
Anyway, for the record, we don’t need Jerby’s defense attorneys.
P.S. I am not ashamed of what I write and my ideas are in line with many Hunters.

1 Like

Pro tip: If you are finding it hard to find M+ groups through pugging try joining a guild.

you reveal to them the secret that will allow them to solve all their problems, now look what excuse they will come up with.

Woah calm down, people just want to write about problems, people don’t like actual solutions here xd

That doesn’t solve the Hunter’s problems but gets around them. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.