BM hunter needs a rework

Best mastery needs a few more buttons. Dire beast needs to be on a 15 sec CD and call of the wild needs to be on a 1 min CD. There are plenty of talents that allow people to play the 3-button hunter spec. Adding 2 buttons would give us a rotation and a dot to maintain.

Mentally I can see how the spec would flow. You have your filler spells like cobra shot to rage dump. Every 15 seconds you can quicken the pace of your rotation by 5%. With Dire beast. Maybe tune it down a bit, dunno. You try and reduce the CD on your BW so it lines up with the call of the wild. Pop trinkets. Pump and then maintain your buffs. Then go back to a steady 3 button rotation for 1 min and try to pop off again.

Or we could leave it at being a 2-button spec with sometimes a 3rd button to spice things up.

i think its intended for BM to objectively be easy to play for those who are wanting that type of play realistically, its always been maintained as a easy spec.

3 Likes

I don’t think you need to get rid of the 3-button hunter. Mine is more of a rework. So that those who want a more interesting hunter spec, can. Kinda like what they have down with prot warrior. Giving a few options within the talent tree.

The issue is, Having a 3 button build avaliable isnt a Easy specc, if its not the meta build im afraid any class in the list right now could be built into a 3 button specc, the reason it isnt is because they arent meta.

BM offers a Easy specc in its Meta build, thats not garunteed when u start expanding it and telling poeople “well u can do 50% of the dps ur susposed to with ur 3 button specc and thats good enough”

because it isnt, the reason Easy speccs must be accessible to enable accessibility to hard content with a class that can concentrate on the mechanics and not the rotation.

1 Like

No thanks, BM does not need more buttons.

8 Likes

Actually, it does, or it will always be bottom DPS. If BM has no complexity. Blizz will have to nerf it again to being a trash spec. As you can’t justify having a 3-button spec at the top of the damage leader boards.

???

Firstly, making dire beast and aspect of the wild half the cooldown is not a ‘spec rework’ lmfao.

Secondly, since when has number of buttons EVER correlated with performance? Why will it always be bottom DPS? Did you not play Nyalotha? It has fluctuated between excellent and weak just like every other spec in the game for all of it’s history.

Number of buttons =/= spec complexity. I bet if you posted a log of playing BM there would be several things you could improve upon.

5 Likes

So ur argument is. Tracking more cds does not increase complexity. Making choices about when to use them. Does not make the spec more complex. Changing up the cadence is also a no go in your mind.

But the conversation is somewhat over. Its looking like BM will be getting a more complex raid spec. Which will be nice, since I prefer raiding and it means more headroom for players who want to improve over a raid tier. Meaning, if BM is a top spec. It can stay that way and have some flex and decision making. At least in terms of talents and play style. However, AOE for M+ is still going to be brain dead as. So, I think W key players will have M+. However, if passives are underperforming. BM AOE is just bad. Not much one can do. So, I guess blizzard disagrees with you. At least when it comes to raiding.

I’ve done some non-SL content recently and I have to say that the spec feels castrated once you don’t have the convoke/blue thingy nuke every 2 minutes. Looking for ways to boost those 2-minute burst windows, as well as learning to time them best in content, was what kept the spec fairly engaging.

Not really sure what to do when that gets ripped out.

Which is the standard gripe with retarded borrowed power design.

No thanks. I play Beast Mastery specifically because it’s simple and very chill.

As BM, I can spend more of my time actually enjoying the content in front of me instead of executing complex rotations. Additionally, I can blast away immediately instead of having a super long ramp up time with a whole range of spells.

I like BM as chill and easy spec with short damage cooldowns. It leaves more room for maximizing Barbed Shot dots, Frenzy uptime and helping my party with Tranq shots, Tar Traps, stuns and Binding Shots.

If you want more buttons to press, you can actually get Bestial Wrath, Bloodshed, Call of the Wild and Aspect of the Wild in the spec tree and both Death Chakram and Explosive Shot in the class tree. Then you’ll be very busy pressing buttons since 4 of them are on a short cooldown below 1 min.

5 Likes

I loved BM in legion. Personally I’ve felt it has been going slowly down hill, so much this is the first time since MoP I won’t be playing hunter as my main. The talent tree just sealed the deal as I went through it and it just feels… so clunky.

1 Like

We are getting Bloodshed for our single target 1 min CD. Where you look towards getting your BW to a one min cd and time it with racial and trinkets. For some nice single target goodness. Add dire beast to that and you have a nice rotation I think for single target.

I still think they should make the passive play style competitive. Around 80 to 90% as good as the more involved spec.

Personally, I might start off with 2 extra buttons, get use to the spec and then slowly add in complexity as I get better. Hopefully climbing the damage meters as I do.

Deleted that by mistake…

Who is playing BM with 3 buttons? It’s 5 ‘minimum’ with barbed shot, bestial wrath, kill command, cobra shot and multishot. Multishot is a must for anything other than most raid bosses. Anyone that doesn’t take barbed shot, multishot and bestial wrath is simply using a gimped spec.

Plus, there’s plenty of choices in the talent tree to add more. Death chakram, kill shot, dire beast, wailing arrow, bloodshed and multishot are all part of the current meta for raids or M+.

8 dps buttons for raids: Barbed shot, bestial wrath, kill command, cobra shot, death chakram, kill shot, dire beast and bloodshed.

8 dps buttons for M+: Barbed shot, bestial wrath, kill command, cobra shot, death chakram, kill shot, wailing arrow and multishot.

I swear, people actively choose not to take more active abilities and then complain they don’t have a lot of active abilities.

1 Like

I swear to god people don’t read the posts above the ones they have just written ^_^. All jokes aside. I think the raid build looks fun. Probs even gonna play it in m+ as the multi shot build is a bit meh. Its higher dps to go multi shot only when ur about to drop beast cleave and use the extra focus to spam out other abilities or it should be based on how the spec should function. That said. If multi is giga over tuned at 70. They will nerf it.

They don’t balance dps after how complex a spec is to play. It’s never been that way.
Just look at DH right now! Not complex at all but still currently the strongest spec in game for pretty much all content.

1 Like

Well BM is looking like a low C high D tier spec for M+ again. Which is okay. I would like to see some buffs because binding sh*t is now nerfed into the ground. That was kinda the reason to bring a bm hunter and lust if you needed it. Turtle is a terrible immunity as well and our kick is on a huge CD. All and all, it’s pretty much how I called it. I think BM will live and die this expansion based on their single target raid damage.

If they buffed our kick, made binding shot a spell again and made it so turtle functions as a true immunity. So, you could macro an aura cancel for dot damage or debuffs. It could be a really decent B tier spec. Otherwise; BM just has to do more damage than every other spec to be a viable choice in M+. Which is untenable for balance.

Also, melee is insanely over tuned at the moment. If the people in my pugs could play their classes. I would be at the bottom of the dps charts.

The removal of flayed shot has just made BM feel bad, I can’t even bring myself to play it now

Instead of changing things that work quite well, why not buff things to make them viable? Looking at you, useless Arcane Shot!

I wouldn’t say current BM works quite well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.