BM leggo 9.0.5

Hey any idea what the best BM legendary might be after the buffs in 9.0.5? Thinking mainly in terms of M+ and Raids, but decent for PvP too… For all round chill gameplay basically ^^

Well, they just put up another build on the PTR(last night) with further changes to some of our lego’s.

Until we get closer to the actual launch of 9.0.5., we can but guess.

*Updated 24/2.

Hunter

Beast Mastery
    Spitting Cobra (Talent) damage is increased by 260%.

Beast Mastery

Dire Command now has a 30% chance to trigger (was 20%).
Rylakstalker’s Piercing Fangs critical damage increased to 35% (was 20%).
Flamewaker’s Cobra Sting now has a 50% chance to trigger (was 25%).
Qa’pla, Eredun War Order now resets the cooldown of Kill Command (was reduces the cooldown by 5 seconds) and has an additional passive effect – Barbed Shot deals 10% increased damage.

Yeah, i wonder what the best for PvP will be.

None of them fix BMs fundemental PVP issues, so none of those changes matter. BM is still completely unviable without a serious look over in all PVP content.
Apparently 9.1 is doing a honour talent pass/rework, so hopefully they actually fix BMs viability with that.

Qa’pla WOULD be great if KC actually did reasonable damage, would give us a decent burst window. Same for fangs (currently our best one outside of Craven).
Dire command is meh, more room-temperature sustained damage isn’t what we need.
Cobra sting affects something we don’t need: Focus cost reductions; so it will never be useful. I see a world where that has a 100% proc rate and we still don’t use it, because our focus management is already so smooth.

1 Like

i was surprised but i watched stream holy + BM and it was 4-5 in a row games vs BM + hpal / dc / holy priest, all games were on 2500 mmr, also some teams like monk / dc, elem/ecnh + heal and etc. were slayed w/o chances by BM & Holy, i mean, i was really surprised that i’d see 4 BM in a row on 2500mmr after all of forum “unplayable bm” stories.

1 Like

So Rylakstalker’s leggo then …?

There are 20 BM hunters over 2500 rating in the entire world (11 EU, 9 US)
5 of them are in the top 1000 ratings (4 on EU. 1 on US (@952 mind you))

I have no idea how they queued into that tiny pool of players (11, assuming EU) that often; never mind lost to all of them. You’ll understand why I find that very unlikely.

Are you sure they weren’t MMs with pets?

TBH those buffs look decent in some cases. Haven’t done the math but personally I’m ready to jump ship back to BM and have began farming soul ash again for 9.0.5 as I have way more fun in raids as BM than as MM.

MM works in M+ but I miss the mobility of BM in raids.

lol dude, ofc i can discern mm and bm :smiley:
as i said i was surprised, maybe they are preparing for 9.0.5 idk, but it was like a hour of bm hunters

Well, here goes tons of gold I spent on boots for Rylaks. Something tells me I will go Eredun.

I Feel Qapla is not usable currently because the rotation looks like kc bs kc cs cs which leads To drop bs uptime at current haste level. And even with enough haste we would not have enough focus. So it have to be paired with a focus regen perk. I can see it used in next expansions when will have 40% haste and the second legendary To have free kc. But today I see no way to use it. Am I missing something ?

Nah you’re safe, Rylak’s is the best legendary now; assuming nothing changes beyond this.

Note Rylak’s was best on pre-SL PTR at 30%, it was nerfed to 20% before shadowlands launch. Current version puts it above the “deemed too strong” version. (with the caveat BM has eaten a 5% flat ability nerf in pre-patch since then, so it’s probably “balanced” now)

SFE has also received no QoL (doesn’t need a buff, just usability fixes); so even if it does sim a little better for some reason, it likely won’t be a damage increase for the majority of players due to sub-optimal usage.

3 Likes

Y, I actually missed that Rylaks has been boosted as well. Thatnk you very much for pointing that out.

bm is not too bad in 2s but the only reason it works is because you can avoid damage alot easier and take dampening extremely high and just win on passive dmg. overall the damage just feels kind of pathetic, pretty much the game doesn’t start untill 60%+ dampening ect.

ive faced boomkins and their sunfire has done over double the pet damage ect. the passive pressure just isnt there which is the only thing going for bm.

and ofcourse in 3s you dont have the level of dampening to make your passive pressure feel threatening

dat was really fast games, like some of targets were down after first cc

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.