Boats fail to work on Pyrewood Village, can't even log in now

I’ve tried twice to use the boat from Menethil Harbor to Auberdine and both times got an error saying: “Transfer abandoned, Instance not found”. Figuring I’d make the best out of that boat bug, I then tried to get to Theramore Point (the Alliance boat in Dustwallow Marsh, I may get the name wrong), but encountered the same issue.

Having had it and figuring I’d just check the AH on my Horde character before calling it a day, I then tried to get Flamecube (my lvl 13 mage) to Ironforge so I could get rested XP. since I mainly play Warbull (my lvl 25 warrior) during the week. When arriving in Ironforge, nothing loaded and now I can’t even log in to the game.

Is there a hard cap on play time because I played since about 1PM or is there some other issue preventing me to log in? As I type this, my friend managed to successfully log in, so missing out on rested XP and time to manage my characters is rubbing me the wrong way and I’d like to make sure my mage is given rested bonus as if she was in Ironforge, since the flight did complete, the server just failed to log it.

PS:
My friend who plays on the same server is using Windows, while I am running WoW under Linux using wine. Could this be causing the issue? I doubt it would since this is the first time I’ve encountered such an issue, but I’m mentioning it here on the off chance it’s helpful information.

Retail also seems to be taking longer than usual to log me in, getting stuck on logging in to game server, eventually facing the same issue. Since I’ve not received any mail or notification and I haven’t been using anything worse than “ffs” in chat, I doubt I’m banned.

I also have already rebooted my PC to no avail. I’ll be calling it a night for WoW and hope to see this resolved by tomorrow.

I was running between Ashenvale and Stonetalon Mountains. Got the same instance problem, and now I can not log in to any realm.

You have several other threads like this:

Incidentally I also run WoW under Linux/Wine, but I do not think it is related.

Also using Linux and can’t play either classic or BFA. Hard to believe that linux is related, since there are many people complaining about the same problem, many of them running on windows.

Most plausible explanation I’ve seen so far is different handling of DNS between Linux and Windows, striking Linux harder. But I’ve yet to see any evidence that this is the case.

Dunno what kind of evidence you’d want, but here’s some dude’s analysis from the US forums: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/linux-users-unable-to-log-in-wow51900328-329-error-after-logging-in/292402/125

That would suggest it’s not a DNS issue.

That would depend, the post does not say anything about whether or not the affected machines are reaching out to certain IPs. If Blizzard are shuffling DNS-resolutions to balance the alleged DDOS-attack then you might see the same “blackholing” mentioned in the post as long as you’re reaching out to a stale machine on the other end.

Thanks for the info tho.

Wouldn’t flushing your DNS help with that? I even changed my DNS servers. No apparent effect whatsoever.

I guess you’re right. Last time I just happened to get in after killing dnsmasq on my router. It doesn’t work this time aroud so it was probably coincidental.