Boosted hero trying to do Draenor questline, bugged?

Hi!
I am a quite new player (one year playing WOW). Now I have boosted my first character till lev 110. I’m trying to get to the start of the Draenor quest line but it seems to be bugged somehow and nothing helps. I tell you what I have tried.
First, I just went through the Dark portal in Blasted lands. It got me to Draenor and I did there something (I dont remember correctly) but I remember that they opened a portal from Stormwind and people came through it. Then it ended, no more quests given.
So, I went back to SW and read from wowhead to find Khadgar. So I went to the Dark portal again and spoke to Khadgar. I got to the point where I destroyed Guldans portals(?). Then I went through the portal with Khadgar and others. We got to Draenor (Tanaan jungle) where they wanted me to collect these flags and kill some ravens. I did that. I returned the quest. Again, no more quests given. Now I’m stuck. Khadgar, Thrall and some others just stand there, me with them near the Heartblood and the Bleeding altar. But when I tried to go back through the Dark portal the game got me back to Khadgar and others and Khadgar says: “please, dont wander too far. We need you hear, champion”. I’m stuck. What can I do?

Since you are not posting on the character in question, I can’t see your progress. If you do that, or give us his name, we can help more …

BUT I suspect you are at the point where you are supposed to click on the Alliance banner in Shadowmoon Valley. You might not recognise it; it’s a sirt of transparent yellow until you click on it.

I think this must be the quest you’re on

I tried to change the character but didnt manage but her name is Lyriana (now it shows). I think on my first try I did plant that banner but didnt get any longer… :confused:

OK I see your character now.

You have done

Finding a Foothold
For the Alliance!
Looking for Lumber
Onslaught’s End
Ravenous Ravens

Your next quest should be Quakefist

which you pick up from Yrel, the Draenei woman you met on your way there.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I try to find Yrel, I’m not sure if I met her, this has been so weird. Maybe because I tried two other ways. :confused:

Hi again. There seems to be a problem. I dont have Yrel on my team. So I went back to Magetower where I told this guy I want to go to the Dark Portal. I went there and walked through it. I got to the other side but in a second the game moved me to the point where Khadgar and others stand and again Khadgar said: Please dont wander too far… So I cant go back to find Yrel. I think I have made some mistake in some point. Is there a chance I could un-do all Draenor quests and where should I correctly begin them again so that everything would go well? Thank you very much for you patience and help. Sincerely, a WOW noob.

This problem is solved thanks to Gráinne. :slight_smile: <3

1 Like

Happy to help! As I said in-game, post again here anytime with any questions or problems. Welcome to Azeroth! :smiley:

1 Like

You may want to turn on low level quests.

We did that in the process. Very confusing if they’re not on. And they changed the name to “Trivial Quests” for some reason no human will ever understand. :woman_shrugging:

Probably because they are easy to do hence trivial. I haven’t played much retail for the last month. WoD is the only flying I have unlocked as I could buy the rep tokens.

I have done that quest chain a number of times.

Ok noob question. So you can play WoD if you are higher lvl? :roll_eyes:

Yes, you can. You can play anything at higher level.

WoD is especially tricky from higher level, though, because there is a specific quest chain you need to do that isolates you from the regular world until you establish your garrison.

You need to pick up the quest to go through the Dark Portal. You might get it from the Warchief’s Command Board in Orgrimmar, or you might get it in the Blasted Lands, at the Horde camp or at the Dark Portal itself.

You then spend an hour or so working through Tanaan Jungle to a ship that takes you to where your garrison is set up.

There is a short-cut for higher levels to setting up your garrison, but if you don’t already have Draenor flying, it probably isn’t much shorter, so you might as well get the whole experience.

Try it, and post again with details if you hav any problems.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that :rofl: I will definitely try it right a way. Thank you a lot. I have DH 120 and warlock 110. I don’t have Draenor flying because I started wow again when Bfa was released. How to get flying? Do I need some pathfinder achievement like in bfa and legion or I can by it like in old days in tbc Outlend? :smiley:

Draenor Pathfinder was the original Pathfinder that they copied in Legion and BfA, so you have to drag yourself through all that again if you want it.

Here’s the details:

1 Like

Thank you very much! :blush:

I’m managed to finish intro quests. Thank you again😀

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.