Boosting and RMT in Rated PVP

We’re going to be talking about boosting and RMT in WOW rated PVP next episode.

We want to know your experiences and opinions on the subject.

If you have your purchased a boost, what was your experience?
If you have an opinion on boosting, let us have it.

Edited with updated reddit link. Moderators deleted on worldofpvp subreddit

Why? What is there to discuss, it deserves permaban, end of discussion. Not sure who you are and what is the purpose of this, blizzard already stated their position on it anyway.

5 Likes

There is still some discussion worth being had.

As to who and the purpose: https://pod.co/technically-pvp

Heard that RL who boosting in RBG earned 15 000$ last month on RMT ofc. For Russia its a lot, they giggle btw on anyone who said that they will be banned. Everyone who playing RBG know their names.

P.S. Personally i’m not against that anyone erning money. People complaint that they can’t play the game, cuz team of PRO RBG players(if we can call them somehow like that) ruined games to other on middle rated games by boosting. Theay are playing RBG for 10-12+ years in a row 16 hrs per day.

P.S.2 Also who think boosting will end if they banned this team - never. Cuz there is so many players who is willing to pay for boosting, if they ban this team other will start instead. This will NEVER end until blizzard start to ban player who is buying boosts.

Wasnt there a banwave just before 9.2?

Bans are not really bans when you can just play on a second account tied to the same battlenet account lol

Yes, they need a week or 2 to start do it again on a new account. When boosting is a job and you get nice $ per month its not a problem. Even if they took hardware perma ban, they will take new SSD and start a new jorney to boost. They need to start ban players who actually buying this boosts/using RMT services, cuz for this players account and progress on it is valuable. In other case its a fight with air. No point to ban only professional boosters.

I faced against alot of boosters.

It is a BIG problem to say the least and it is caused directly by Blizzard’s weird obsession of “power progression”, which means nothing for ranked PvP, it just makes things hell for the casuals.

I know this because last season, after hitting 2400, i decided to help some low CR healers for free. Although it felt good when they were very happy to hit certain ratings, i do realize i ruined a few people’s day by deleting them in 1 second.

I think it should not exist in any way or form, be it with gold or RMT or w/e.

And as I’ve said before, this is happening because (in majority) people want to get that rating and upgrade their items. Blizzard should definitely go back to WoD style gearing (in terms of requirements) to make sure demand for boosting is lowered AND life is made better for our casuals that do BGs / skirmishes.

I’m doing it as a healer, but yeah I do feel a little bad when they can’t land interrupts on me. At least I’m giving them a handicap with lower ilvl in 9.9 out of 10 games compared to the opponent’s dps, while you were doing it with your 2.4k gear. :laughing:

To be fair, undergeared people were still pretty common in WoD, since conquest was a pain to farm for people who never touched rated. But it’d definitely help with every other gearing problem, as long as they don’t do any damn weekly box you have to farm in Ashran for an entire expansion.

I don’t get it… Why to get boosted??? Are you with less fingers or one hand? Why would u break other players progress? Why should I face 3.6xp player at my 1.8 rating??

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.