Boosting on fresh wotlk server

I’m playing on one of the fresh servers, and we have now started to see a huge loss of players. Both from Dragonflight but also from the fact that most characters are in full Naxx/OS/EoE 25 gear and have nothing to do anymore. One common item that pops up when talking to a lot of different players is that we are waiting for the boost to be available on the server. We are past the 90 days minimum that was first communicated for when the boost should be possible to use. And yes, we do understand that it was a minimum. But can we at least get an official answer from Blizzard on when it’s going to happen? Feels like we are standing in a void right now.

Leveling is something to do :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I feel your pain, leveling right now priest, level 35 with heirlooms, its pain. They should keep 50% boost at least for levels 1-68. Its pain leveling even with looms, empty world, no dungeons, just mindless questing and watching movies.
Dont get me wrong, I would probably enjoy leveling, if its my first or second playthrough, but I leveled it same locations something around 20 chars (counting from WoD to end of BFA), and yea, I was actually leveling, not spamming DF from city. And on retail it was many times nerfed, so it was quite fun.

I am willing pay for boost just to save tens of hours of my free time. I am playing wow like 15 years, its not new content for me to enjoy. I am enjoying Outland and Northrend leveling, but old continents not anymore.

boost exists → no low level people leveling → people don’t enjoy leveling alone → people buy boosts → because boost exists
Game is boring alone no matter if you are 80 or not, the things I enjoyed most are 10-19 wsgs and the few dungeons we did pre 80 where we cracked a few jokes.

I don’t think most want to touch leveling until RDF exists for non-80 / non-WotLK dungeons. Doing the entirety of classic questing, TBC questing and WotLK solo is incredibly monotonous. :joy:

It was fine in actual WotLK because there was a constant stream of new players entering the game, creating activity across all levels but most servers now are either locked, devoid of new players or steadily losing players for various reasons. There is no fresh blood.

No low level people leveling is thing right now. I am leveling my second alt, Old continents are dead, even Outland is dead. I see more players lvl 80 in this locations than leveling players.
So problem is not boost, but whole game/players/noRDF. I got few whispers if I want do dungeon X, but I declined, because I dont want travel back like 15-30 minutes to continue leveling and because I didnt have any Q to that dungeon. Without RDF there is no point to do dungeons until Northrend, and still I would do dung only for quests.
If there is another boost I could buy, I would, because I enjoy doing HC dungeons and wotlk stuff (reps, professions, dungs and raids - even I have nothing to drop there).

Game is dead outside raid logging and PVE on level 80. Even dungeons 70-80 in LFG is quite dead. And its not boost, RDF fault. Leveling is fun, but maybe with first char, most of us leveled many alts in every location, I will rather pay for boost than level for X time, there is nothing new for me, I just want another 80 for another profession and another gameplay in PVE. I am enjoying this limited endgame content without mindless AP grind and other useless stuff we had last expansions on retail.

such a stupid take. the reason people are not leveling is because it’s boring af since they done it multiple times. Boosts existing have zero impact on people leveling whatsoever. If people couldn’t boost, they wouldn’t level, simple as that. The only scenario where more people would level alts is if RDF existed, and it would still be incredibly low. Game isn’t boring if you play arena with multiple characters. For casuals like you, it’s boring for sure. 10-19 wsgs lmao wth

2 Likes

Certainly more people would have alts if RDF was a thing. It’s weird how people completely refuse to level an alt when there’s no boosting though. We’re in the downtime between raid releases and it’s the perfect time to work on an alt before heroic+ comes out with ulduar in roughly 6-8 weeks. Can take it really easy and make it to 80 before then

This… after more than 15 years of playing wow I don’t want level for X-time, I just want play endgame. If they dont want buff, they should add for example NPC in SW/OG where you can activate 50% XP buff unti you reach level 68, as it was in prepatch. Who want enjoy slow leveling, can lelvel without buff, who want alt at max level ASAP can use buff/boost.

I was leveling enjoyer back in time, when I was student with ton of free time, now I have wife, baby on the way, I want enjoy raids and PVP at max level, not waste 100+ hours of my free time with leveling, which I did from TBC until SL squish multiple times (actual leveling, not RDF city spam).

1 Like

For me personally, it is not really a lack of time, but lack of motivation to level all the way to 80 again while questing. Especially 1-60 is not really something I find fun anymore, and I prefer WoW to feel like a game and not a chore.

1 Like

What are you talking about, lvling with hierlooms is a joke - as a warior I have yet to find a mob that does not die from 1 victory rush and im already 36 lvl

and this is not even the correct way to level a warrior. Its easy af but still take 20h to 1-60 just questing

1 Like

The only correct way to lvl is to enjoy it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.