Boralus Portal takes toon to Embassy not Mage Tower

Since the prepatch, every time my max level Kul Tiran Druid uses the portal to Stormwind in Boralus, they are being taken to the Stormwind Embassy instead of the portal room in the mage tower. This wasn’t happening before 9.0 hit and isn’t happening on any other toon, including other allied races.
The character has been max level for quite some time.
Is anyone else having this issue and if so has anyone found an in-game way to fix this?

1 Like

That sounds odd. My Night Elf Druid used it and it went to the mage tower… No idea if its a Kul Tiran bug…

It definitely something to do with Kul Tirans as I have many other max level toons of varying races and none of them have the same problem. It’s only the SW portal in Boralus too: every other SW portal out there takes her to the mage tower as normal.

1 Like

I would suggest you report it as a bug ingame. The more specific you can be, the more likely they’ll be able to fix it. Kul Tirans/SW portal in Boralus.

Yeah I opened a ticket to report the issue to see what they would say and got what can only be called the single most ineffective response I have ever received from a GM.

‘Well it is working for me, must be something to do with pre-patch. It might go back to normal, I don’t know.’

I’ve never criticised Blizz CS before as they have always been top notch but I am honestly shocked by this response.

1 Like

As an update, I appear to have found the solution: upon logging in today, Katherine Proudmoore was in the Boralus Harbormaster’s office with a quest for me to go and talk to Anduin in SW embassy. Upon completing this quests, the portal in Boralus started behaving normally again. I can only assume that this quest somehow got reset by the patch and/or level squish.

4 Likes

Thank you Shaoshing for the fix. I had the same annoying issue. After completing Katherine Proudmoore’s quest I could again get back to the mage tower by taking the Stormwind’s portal !

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Worked perfectly.