Bot Banwave

Props to Blizz for actually mentioning the number of people banned, they normally just make some non-committal noises. Mentioning the number makes it seem more real.

4 Likes

A friend bought 2 mil gold from a 3rd party website for 50 USD.
He suddenly stopped playing a few months ago :joy:

Funny thing: I helped this guy with a few M+ he wanted as a friend, and he offered to give me 200k. OMG good thing i didnt take them, i would end up banned too :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Ouch - how much would that be if he had bought actual tokens?

Only 235 euro and IF i didnt funk up the math, 170k gold each, 20 euro to buy it xD :rofl:

1 Like

How long had he played WoW for?

Just one question, how can you…

You can’t log in and delete it.

For sure more than me, i started @ WoD.
It made me curious though how from obsessed with the game’s raiding + M+ ending up to… CoD :laughing:

As said…Good thing i didnt take the gold, i think i have read somewhere blizzard bans the buyers and their suspicious big transaction ingame

1 Like

I guess Blizz deleted the character allowing the botter to take the name?

I deleted a char of mine to use the name on a new character and that worked.

I thought they locked or closed accounts and not deleted them?

I am just guessing… if they deleted the account that would still free up the name because none of it would exist?

Some players that retuned after a long break returned to find their character names taken a while ago as I recall.

Why? i read that post and still don’t see the reason.

We use powerful systems to determine if the suspected player is using an identifiable cheat, and our heuristics (which we do not outline publicly) are constantly improving and evolving. But when we examine a suspect and these measurements aren’t out of line, we have to manually gather evidence against the accused player, which can be very time consuming and complex. It’s worthwhile though, because we never want to take action against a legitimate player.

I got a good one for you.

1 Like

Because doing manually is time consuming and complex? is that your point?

Oh and for the record, none of the bots i’m tracking have been banned. So i don’t even know where this banwave took place, sure it’s not a classic thing?

It’s not just that though - I have seen them say before that they gather info on how the actual bot works so they can counter it easier. So they must let them bot for longer to study it?

Did you even read what I linked?

It says it’s for both.

Maybe the “bot” you saw is a boxer?

How does one track a bot?

1 Like

That sounds like complete bs and never worked in 16 years. Also even back when we KNEW everyone was using HB they used the same excuse, like they couldn’t get the bot themselves and study it on some of their test servers.

They’re bots and they’re online right now.

I’m guessing there is more than one bot program out there. One gets broken and another is created - each time trying to avoid detection. People are making a living out of it after all.

How do you know they are?

Because i’m not a moron, just cause you can’t tell the difference between a player, a multiboxer and a bot, doesn’t mean that nobody else can.

That’s not an answer. What are they doing that makes you so sure?