Both monitors stops working while playing

Hey!

I’ve got weird problem when using dual monitor and playing. Without game running it’s fine, but when I play, then after some time both monitors stops working. Screen is black. And I can hear that gpu fan is loud. And to fix it I have to reset pc.

1st monitor - 1920x1080 (144hz) - Displayport
2nd monitor - 1366x768 (60hz) - I use VGA - HDMI adapter

Wind 10 (updated)
GPU: gtx 1650s (drivers updated)

Edit:

I connected 1st monitor via hdmi cable.
And I used different adapter for 2nd monitor (vga to dp)

And now it seems to work.
So I guess the vga to hdmi adapter was a problem.
But I don’t understand then why two monitors stopped working before. And not only one connected via broken adapter? Why it affected my 1st monitor too? Weird.

sometimes it’s weird. i’ve had a similar issue once in the past where i discovered a DVI cable going to one of my monitors was causing my tv connected by HDMI to drop signal and black out. it fixed itself when i unplugged the DVI cable and then didn’t come back when i used a DP one instead.

the issues can also present in weird ways. in the situation i mentioned above, i tried 3 different HDMI cables. one would not get any signal, one would cause the computer to freeze (including other monitors) until it was plugged out and one would mostly work but black out every 15-20 minutes, i guess depending on how well shielded they were.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.