Bots are out of control!

I have tried several times to gather herbs in Arathi Highlands, but, it is near to impossible.

Why?

Because I counted about 20 bots farming here over a couple of days. I reported every single bot (These are very clear-cut, obvious bots, etc) and 24 hours later, they are still there.

It makes it almost impossible to gather herbs or ore, as you are swarmed by these bot-hunters from every direction. They are covering every node that spawns these herbs/veins.

People are reporting the same issues on their servers, it is honestly making gathering professions useless. We cannot compete with the huge influx of bots.

Will Blizzard please crackdown on this issue, these cheaters are not even hard to spot!

7 Likes

For alliance there’s a train of 100+ mages running in and out of stockades selling/resetting the dungeon. They aren’t even trying to remove the bots.
Plot twist, maybe its blizzard being the bots in their own game and selling gold to make even more $$?

9 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t want to invest into a team to crack down on them because it costs money, is my assumption.

intresting thing geared ppls started to use bots to.

Indeed, it’s ridiculous. I couldnt sleep the other night so I thought I’d pop over to the swamp or sorrows and try to get a dragon pet, thinking there would be less people there at half 3 in the morning. Man, was I wrong!

This is a problem which is only getting worse as the problem is not visibly seen to be being dealt with which is leading to more and more people getting confident and risking using bots themselves.

If there was a visible, “police” persence in the areas frequented by botters we would soon see a huge dip in the problem. If my server literally was my own server I’d make myself visible and come up with creative ways of punishing them such as applying debuffs which increases their damage taken by the exact amount of hit points they have, causing anything they pull to instantly kill them.

I’d permanently apply a type free for all PvP to them so other players can kill them without getting flagged for PvP themselves, I’d teleport them into special arenas where wave after wave of random endgame bosses spawn and smash them up.

I’d teleport them to enemy faction capitals, the bottom of the sea far out in fatigue zones. You name it.

If Blizzard were to do this there would soon be a drop in bot activity, I guarantee it.

7 Likes

Blizzard knows about this for over a decade.

Their solutions?

1- Release the wow token.
Didn’t work, gold sellers started using bots so they could farm gold faster and thus, maintain profitability.
2- Fire GM’s.
That could only be seen as a solution by Activision, not really Blizzard OG. Everyone else in the whole world knows this just added insult to injury. If bots could go around before, this was Christmas for them.

Bots = subscriptions, and Activision doesn’t do math on people, but solely on $$.

So every thread that gets made with this kind of content just gets ignored.

2 Likes

the game can straight up be unplayable at times. example:

i wanted to do a warlock quest in Arathi Highlands. you need to kill fire elementals and they only spawn in a small area.

when i got there i saw 4 troll hunter bots standing in a circle formation killing any elemental the second they spawn. the quest was basically impossible to do because the bots kept the amount of available q mobs to a 0 at all times.

example 2: i wanted to quest in shimmering flats but there was only few mobs to be found. then i started to notice the cat druids running around killing and skinning everything.

at some point i saw 2 druids change direction at the same time and beeline to a newly spawned herb. that’s when i realized they were likely all bots doing laps around the area.

botting is nothing new. but man, it’s demotivating playing a game legit if you are surrounded by cheaters…

2 Likes

This is throwing the ingame economy all out of whack as well, I started a thread about this recently as I’m tired of having to constantly vendor things I’ve gathered due to stacks and stacks of them being listed on the auction house for the same or less than the vendor price.

Try selling Mageroyal on Wild Growth, I dare you.

I’ve tried kiting big elites or simply high level mobs into groups of botters hoping they’ll start hitting them, 2 mages and a couple of hunters got their butts kicked when I did that with a big dragon in the wetlands the other day, though this is difficult to do without getting killed yourself as it is very difficult to drop aggro on something so high level that it constantly resists your traps and feign death.

2 Likes

this gdkp ban is working well!!11!111 LOL. the average raidlogger still keeps buying gold

1 Like

The GDKP ban is working very well guys, keep the good work KEK.

https://imgur.com/Cf45iNP

The new meta is to farm golds while sleeping. What a time to be alive !

1 Like

When I played COD (original back when vanilla wow was out) there where players from my group buying gold from sellers from almost as soon as wow was made.

From the very start they have been aware of them

I think I am one of the few players to never have bought any gold which leads me to believe If they did enforce any actions against buyers it would wipe out the vast majority of wow players so you could argue players want bots and the services they provide.

At this point in time I don’t know why they are not just honest about the whole situation

Either admit to giving up or simply admit defeat, they are too advanced and can’t be found with any anti cheat software.

Someone mentioned sacking all the GM’s and that it basically gave bots the green light / thumbs up from Blizz to spread far and wide with impunity I have to agree.

I can imagine GM’s all sighed in relief when the automated system took over though haha those poor people must have had their work cut out.

Indeed, I started playing right at the start of 2007 having migrated from the FPS games of that era and I remember hunter bots back then, Tanaris and Searing Gorge were full of them, along with people in the guilds I was in admitting that they had bought gold. I’ve never done that myself as I don’t trust these people and I’m a dickhead with a, “Them c**** aren’t having any of my money!” mentality.

Hey feel free to read my post about GDKPs in the forums. I have been trying to explain to the masses that since they got rid of GDKPs that bots are running more rampant than ever before since they can’t sell to gold buyers in GDKPs they now instead control resources.

Yep and that’s the issue. They need to give substantial bans (3months+) to gold buyers. There is no point in hunting boters.

Kill the demand, not the supply (blizz proved time and time again they can’t act fast enough against bots).

And for the love of god stop putting gold sink in the game. It promotes gold buying / selling.

Honestly if you play the game and are out and about in the world you can spot the botters no problem it would take no more than a 5 man team to learn these botters pathing and to stomp them out the game but they won’t do that want to know why? They make too much money from their subscriptions to care. Their solution ban them every few months and they’ll continue doing the exact same thing again.

1 Like

Counted 11 Hunter bots in Felwood.

More bots than players in my leveling zone

/slow clap

well done blizz bringing in the bot cash again, shareholders will be happy at least

So annoying. It’s good they tried a solution that new accounts can’t trade/AH, but what are the bots doing? Just log into retail wow and wait a month? Then carry on as if nothing happened?

Blizz are great at pretending to remove bots

Its for show, token gesture to the community with no real effort to show they are trying but it wheely wheely hard to spot a bot from a real person, you need a degree for that.

Allegedly Blizzard is not interested in their customers but in making money.
So they allegedly most certainly factored in players quitting over this inconvenience against getting double the money from botters.

1 Like