Bots in bgs are beyond ridiculous now

So it’s eye of the storm weekend and it’s basically unplayable. The team with the least bots wins, but as both teams are plagued with bots running around in circles, you just pray to have 2 - 3 normal players in to take a base and not wander around randomly.

It isn’t just in bgs, it’s also in open world. The glade area in howling, the fire element area in borean, the caves with eternals in, in the storm peaks etc etc etc - all swarming with bots!

(Tried to insert screenies here but won’t let me upload any links)

It’s been like this for a long time now and banwaves once a month just isn’t cutting it. It’s ruining the game for a lot of people!

It’s hardly a new issue. Are you that short of staff you can’t employ a few people to act upon reports faster than once a month?! Sort it out!

3 Likes

Fully agree.

Sometimes this game feels like a single player game where me and my AI players fight another AI team.

Banwave is long overdue.

Its an absolute joke. Been levelling some alts over the last few days, and basically every DK in the BG is a bot. In EOTS they run in the same pattern over and over.

Is there even a point to reporting them?

Reporting hardly ever helps, because many people need to report before they get kicked.

And most of the time when I ask people to report and explain why I know they are botting/afkin, I get verbally attack me for it.

2 Likes

That’s very true.

I’m surprised I haven’t been verbally attacked on this thread yet. There’s a certain someone I’m expecting any time now to start behaving like her usual self. We’ll see.

Bottom line is, botting is against the terms of use. They should uphold their own terms of use and game policies. If they are failing to do that, they need to take further steps to get rid of bots much faster, especially when people are complaining it is having an affect on how they play the game (which they pay for).

3 Likes

The only people who are in favour of bots are the botters. I doubt many of these people use the forums, so you won’t get verbally attacked, everyone on here wants to see the bots wiped out.

If I had to guess I’d say that the people ‘verbally attacking’ the guy above were the people running the bot network. I’d put money on the fact that it was in terrible broken English.

The reason bot networks are using low level BGs is because it’s a ‘safe’ way for them to gain XP in a contained environment and ultimately more efficient than the tradtional methods of farming mobs in the open world.

1 Like

I kept seeing the same death knight bot in 9 WSG games yesterday (lvl 80 bracket). Obviously scripted pathing, same moves over and over again.

However, this bot managed to outdps half of the dps our team had in every single game, and it even scored kills.

It would have been funny if it weren’t sad. A bot being more effective than real persons! I’d gladly take 3-4 of those on my team instead of the usual “let-them-win-fast” slaughter cattle.

1 Like

So it’s WSG weekend and 9/10 sometimes 10/10 is DK bots. This is unacceptable. People have been complaining about this for a long time and reporting them constantly makes no difference. You report them over and over again and a month later the same dk bots are still running around the same areas/in the same bgs wtf blizzard?!

Blizzard is a pathetic company that cares only about money, not the player experience. I’ll probably end up going back to the private server from where I came if this is going to be the permanent case for paid wow. At least there I can have a decent game experience in every bracket.

1 Like

Low level Bgs are also plagued from the DK bots especially on 70-79s its madness people are quitting left and right.

At this point when it comes to leveling BGs there is only 1 viable solution. Remove xp from Bgs and do it fast before everyone quits,

1 Like

Battlegrounds are totally ruined by the amount of bots. Sometimes bots are literally the entire team except one human player. It’s an absolute joke now.

Blizz don’t care. Time to go back to private servers for many I think.

1 Like

I disagree with removing xp from BG.
If people want to level in BG that should be totally fine.

Ban the bots. Perma ban them.
That’s the solution.

And don’t ban every 6 months. Ban asap.

2 Likes

YES, yes a thousand times yes!!!
Blizzard get ur act together and clean up ur mess!!! There are more Bots than actual players, it’s disgusting

1 Like

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, WotLK classic is already dead and abandoned. They obviously want to get people to play retail and the $$$ mount shop because ‘they’re subbed anyway’ and it’s tempting to go where the grass is greener.

I mean, everyone knew this expac will have a life of 2 months tops, with or without bots.

In AV too, I leveled my rogue alt a bit via AV weekend a while back and the bots were running wild there.
Almost every single DK on both horde and ally side following the same line to the middle where they then locked on to the first target they saw.
Literally pixel-perfect turns all in a row.
It is beyond obvious.

Agreed, don’t punish players because of bots.
Just ban the freakin’ bots…

2 Likes

That’s just simply not true… no idea where u get that idea from. But Dragonflight did absolutely nothing to the Wotlk playerbase. Everyone was waiting for people to leave with Dragonflight release and… nothing happened.
I am on a full and a medium pop server, both are MASSIVELY active. You find groups for raids and dungeons all the time for every need.
I thought Wotlk would die pretty soon aswell. But just like you, i was mistaken :wink:

Kek - the moment dragonflight went out alliance on morgraine dropped from 2500 to less than 1000 ppl active - it had an impact like FatBoy

And the day after that it was back to normal :smile:
My guildies and I tried Dragonflight aswell… came back to Wotlk after a day.
It’s okay if you don’t feel the hype anymore and got bored… but that’s you bro. Everyone is still playing :joy:

And where in hell i said i got bored?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.