Bots in Warcraft

So i’m farming gold in order to buy some tokens for sub time.
So many places where i go just seem to be taken, not by players but by bots.
I was watching them for last 2 to 3 days. They always have same pattern of moving, using spells, looting.
I reported some of them when i was sure, but i saw one or 2 again today.
Now i wonder if Blizzard has any anti cheat system to fight bots or not.
Does it even matter if i reported them or no?

4 Likes

it does not matter. botters are barely touched by blizz and multiboxxers wont be touched at all.

if you want to earn gold without the multiboxxing/botting either you got to farm instances or do scrapping. fishing perhaps only at the beginning of an expansion/patch when feasts and buff food still sell.

But raw mats and gold farming in the world has been taken over by bots and multiboxxers

3 Likes

Seems like you are right sadly :frowning:

2 Likes

I earned 100k gold just by farming instances no joke.

I did all the raids and dungeons from previous expansions and whoala after a week 100k.

2 Likes

Ew. All that effort when a few minutes on the AH nets the same amount… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, they do get banned if you report them but only in scheduled waves so they not gonna get banned e.g. 3 days after the report.

1 Like

The most inefficient way ever… ban waves. So gold sellers make their fortune during the months between them, feeling little impact of said ban wave… :roll_eyes:

Meanwhile other MMOs ban them on the spot.

3 Likes

Better waves than nothing. On top of that they do nerf hotspots for bot farming and even multiboxers are getting screwed by it which is a good thing. The usual spot where I farm bones for raw gold was full of bots and mboxers and now I can farm in peace without noobs pulling some of my mob packs which are on my farming route :smiley:

1 Like

Ban waves catch all the users of that bot programme. I imagine this way catches more people.

1 Like

It’s simply less work doing waves than process every account one by one.

They probably just flag accounts for few months and then press “Death and Decay” button and flush the toilet :poop:

They should remove shared node mining. Does nothing but benefit bots and multicovers while creating the illusion that other players don’t mess up your farm when they do big time.

Botting still happened with single harvest nodes but it would mean less mats flooding markets

2 Likes

Should have named the thread “Bots of Warcraft”.

Ban waves need to be more frequent for those who are actually botting, it just seems too slow right now.

I agree with you.
Not to be rude or anything, but i played on some private servers that handle cheaters/bots in much more efficient way

1 Like

Myabe they have more time, seeing as they just steal another companys game rather than create it?

Bots in Warcraft…
Ah, the cold spiteful shivers down my spine every time I see more than 1 druid at any given time.
Bonus points if those have 1-2 letters difference in the names.

thats honestly not alot of gold for alot of effort of going to instances and have to run trough them. Some like Siege of oggrimar take so long to run trough. farming mats in a current expansion should be far more effective than spending so much time in old dungeons. Especially on servers in wich tmogs don’t sell at all

Farming mats earns well until multiboxxers and botters tend to destroy the economy by flooding the market with way too cheap mats in huge amounts

2 Likes

this is a good post to link this

found a other one

in chaina classic wow they banning alot of bots way more then they do on US and EU …

1 Like

Yes i watched that, such a stupid thing