Botting. Stop banning start embracing?

Not making a comparison to the current experience.
Im asking if you would allow botting if it came from blizzard in example a new expansion where you were allowed to play multiple characters and still have content where you can play with friends and all your customized bots.

:slight_smile: Yay or nay? And reasons why not? And why yes?

If botting came as a tool for enhancing your playing experience would you be fond of it?

Asking questions ^^ not stating anything

This is not our problem to solve.

Ah fair enough. Massive no from me, why would you even consider it?

Sounds horrible to me, but as always some might like the idea.

1 Like

if u dont believe there are bots visit isle of thunder…
24/7 farmed by 110 balance druids with random names…
reported multiple times and nothing

1 Like

Aeddlaith ^^ good day and thx for your opinions

Who cares if they farm some old content, they will get banned soon enought is not needed cry here and making xxx topic because blizz don´t read eu forums if you are new here.

Wyrchron

If people cannot comment and discuss stuff then there is no needing to have a forum.
If you do not like this thread then just dont comment it ^^ good day

How many liked their companions in wod and legion?

They where bots

Think about having up to 10 of those fully custom. Looks/gear/spec

Think about content that could be made specific for playing auto/bots

Questions not statements ^^

ive always hated bots.
especially when you try and sneak around the place as rogue. i mean its cool that they also gain stealth, but why do they have to walk in a V formation. it wouldnt be that big of a deal if the game didnt put me in combat when my follower got ganged by guards they aggrod

1 Like

xD well sacrifice your bot(s) and then pop Vanish

the bots respawn faster than you vanish comes out of cooldown

10 wow bots fully legal - enhanced interface for auto play made by blizzard. Made for real time and not for desk missions - 100% custom in looks/gear/locations/paths/etc.

Still able to play in current content with friends/guildies and all your bots both yours and your friends/guildies

On map making specific paths to follow to kill/collect

Yay or nay? WOD/Legion on steroids

• If yay why?
  • If Nay why?

Reporting bots absolutely helps. Blizzard however uses banwaves, meaning it might take a while before you suddenly see certain bots disappear.

It seems like such a non issue for me, people want to risk their accounts, let them be. There’s no need to make it way bigger and influence all markets with a ton of items.

3 Likes

give scum an inch, they’ll take a mile.
That’s a truism for all things in real life as well as any other form of life.
No I wouldn’t like it to go farm raids on my own, totally destroys any form of community.

Pros : none that I can think of apart from giving blizzard another way to milk money from greedy lazy people.

Cons : destroys the game for people who wont bot due to ethical issues with it, those without a good enough net connection/pc and those unwilling to deal with the huge number of hackers/virusmakers that would inevitably seek to seep through your internet security.

I see absolutely nothing positive about this idea, Its just punishment for those of us who don’t or wont cheat.

Personally, id like blizzard to have online gamesmasters at all time as well as the bot hammer thingie. They respond to any report and ban immediately (preferably by IP address, not account) and permanently and any gold or items traded from that account is permanently deleted.

3 Likes

Do you honestly think after banning all the people using one bot programme that the people who make and sell these bots, don’t go and make a new one to sell which isn’t at that point detected.

this, actually, is a good idea … what ive suggested before is they find the path these bots make and then they put up, say boulders, in the way so that the bots get stuck … making it very easy to spot em and report em. Possibly even dropping a random elite right in the patch so they get tagged and attacked (sometihng that throws a net, so they cant just fly off) by something they cant evade.

1 Like

dude dont be so stupid, everyone knows earth is on the back of a turtle

1 Like

so don’t bother, let them do what they want and damn the consequences. That’s your idea?

You permanently ban people using the current one, and publicise it that it will happen to you if you bot “we will delete you permanently” being the message … you honestly think that wont put a thought in peoples heads to not bot?

You either punish harshly and publicise the harsh reality of that punishment and thus stop the vast majority of it, or you do what this guy says and just let the game go down the drain and have bots fighting bots whilst you make some popcorn.

Would you apply the same rule to criminals in the real world. Don’t bother policing them, arresting or processing them, put them through court, prison etc. There will just be more criminals.

Blizzard should absolutely carry on punishing cheats.

3 Likes

I do think that programmers do constantly make/improve their software at the same rate that blizz is trying to fight them off. Aka therefore making their Ban waves less effecient.

I do believe that active game masters who could come instantly and ban IP adresses for hacking/botting the game. But if someone is using a VPN that would be hard? Or if someone is playing on a cloud computer. some examples.

I belive like someone commented that this is a constant cat and mouse fight :slight_smile:

Why would they waste their time banning on an individual basis when they catch everyone in one swoop using that programme.

The ban waves catch everyone cheating using that method. It’s far more effective and catches a lot more people.

2 Likes