Brewmaster; Crafted Gear

Hello,

i tried to figure out what pieces of gear i should craft but even after checking armories of top monk tanks, i cant seem to figure it out.

i want to go for crafted boots + bracers, since i only play mythic plus and there is none with my BiS stats (versa crit).

But what about the enchants, which can only be max equiped 2? alle the people i checked only have the necklace with the gem proc and the “well fed”, where u dont lose food buff after death. but this one doesnt cap the crafted gear to 2 right?

whats with the poison stuff, which gets mentioned in guides but nobody seems to use? what the second enchanted gearpiece i should use?

i am kinda late to the expansion and quite overwhelmed by the crafting stuff.

It depends if you have access to the fire proc ring from first boss. Having it spikes up the value of one specific craft that is useful on Windwalker as well: Flaring Cowl.

Other than that Elemental Lariat is a really good secondary option due to the free secondary stat proc (that you determine with careful gem selection. These two will cap out your embellished limit, and on top of that you can have the Alchemical Flavor Pocket that doubles the well fed buff duration and makes it persist through death, so essentially you can have 3 embellished with it (you can also use Giftah’s embellishment item in crafted weapons for example to make it look sparkly).

I think for dungeons most opt to use Flaring Cowl as it is the only piece of gear that gives a steady damage bonus, compared to the poison boots which look to be more single target focused and proc dependant. If you have the fire ring it outperforms the poison boots even on single target.

flaring combo is worth max ~2.5% of your damage. still worth it IMO, since we need every % we can take. you then have to live with a headpiece not on your stat.

other than that, COS’s trinket or storm’s eater worth anywhere from 5 to 7% of our damage on aoe situation. that is more a mandatory stuff than flaring combo.

Also it will count as an embelishment, locking you out of addin other one, considering you WILL have elemental’s lariat.

The thing is that there aren’t really any other embellished piece you can opt for, as you either need 2 pieces for the set to work, or you use the poison boots. Flaring Cowl in comparison is still consistent AoE. Even the boots is only really useful if you use a poison patch, which in itself is an embellishment so with the Lariat in play that is a no go.

In the end I feel people opt for it is because:
It is the only AoE option we have, and it is decent on single target (2% of your damage) which combined with the ring bumps the numbers up to around 5% overall (3%+ from the ring itself).
It is consistent, and it is on an armor piece with high stat budget. Having one at 418 is a decent boost of stats compared to other armor pieces.
There aren’t really many other alternatives.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.