Brewmaster monk and blackout combo question

Greetings fellow monks.

I have been tanking on and off since vanilla and to be honest don’t have much experience with brewmaster. I decided to main monk this expansion, but it feels like the brewmaster takes a lot of damage and has almost no self sustain compared to all the other tanks.
Expel harm barely does any healing as well as Healing Elixir. I’m enjoying the mechanic of Purifying brew upgrading the next celestial brew shield, but it still feels too little.
I played in the beta with a protection warrior and even now they can hold half the dungeon with 0 issues, whereas if I pull two groups I barely get out alive. I’m currently at ilvl 365 and even out questing, it’s hard tanking elite mobs/rares compared to all other tanks. There is a guildie, protection paladin that has 320 ilvl and self heals with word of glory for 200k. Could be a l2p issue on my part, could be my talents are not that good, cause I tried to do them myself, but for me brewmaster feels weak at the moment.

My question regarding Blackout Combo is for the Celestial Brew. After a blackout kick, CB gives you 3 stacks of purifying chi, which expire before your next CB is off CD. Is the idea to get those 3 stacks and then keep stacking them with the Purifying Brew, until CB is off CD?

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.