Bring back Legion MM and I will insta sub

Because sidewinders was nerfed when nighthold came out.
That was when the fails of the spec really started to show.

Not saying it was not but it made barrage not good for most content the rest of the expansion.

And yet Legion was the ONLY expansion i did not play MM i have been MM in vanilla TBC Wrath Cata MoP WoD and start of legion until it became clear the spec was just bad to play.
Whatever dps a spec does do not change the facts of it being good or bad as a spec.

HAHAAHAHA BULLCRAP it was a massive difference if you had the right legendaries or not.
Again as with the other dude here i can only assume you played MM only at the end of the expansion.

ok so you do not know. What it means is Sea Thor (thor as the norse god)

1 Like

I’ll cut you a deal OP, bring back MoP or WoD MM instead as they were argueably the better iterations.

6 Likes

tbh the only thing MM need is more movment speed abilitys like Aimed shot not being standing and faster like BM is if they had that MM will be a fin spec to play but right now it is boring.

3 Likes

MM supposed to be a turret class and hardcast Aimed Shot feels rewarding. What MM needs is CC and survivability on par with other turret classes like Warlock.

3 Likes

Yes, as opposed to the furiously entertaining MM in BFA. Jesus what a completely warped perspective.

Please get your head unstuck from your behind, as people like you are now actively hindering the spec in getting better when you argue that this current abomination is even remotely acceptable.

A select few mechanics tied to your core abilities that allows for a change of pace while also giving MM a bit of utility tied to movement and control. Would go a long way to improve the current design of the spec.

As an example:
Something that causes your gameplay to affect the cast time of Aimed Shots. Not saying that it should always be usable while moving. But at least something that significantly lowers the cast time(or with a talent, can allow for the next AS to be instant cast).

Posted something a while back on the US forum regarding Rapid Fire.

They could make Rapid Fire lower the cast time of the next Aimed Shot by 0.2 seconds per shot. And if you channel in full(= 10 shots from Rapid Fire), this would cause the next Aimed Shot to have it’s cast time reduced by 2.0 seconds.

This would also result in Streamline allowing Rapid Fire to remove all of the cast time if picked. Meaning the next AS fired after Rapid Fire, would be an instant cast.

They could also change Double Tap so that it causes Rapid Fire to lower the cast time of the next 2 Aimed Shots instead of the baseline 1.

There are more things you could do ofc. But this is a start…

I hope they do something to aimed shot, but i also hope they change rapid fire, it’s slow boring and the animation is very clunky if you aren’t under hero or something similar. I want my marked shot back, it was such a fun ability qq… That said i’ll take anything right now, literally haven’t moved a talent since 8.1 and the sad part is that i don’t want to move them because without this setup the spec just doesn’t flow nicely (even tho it could do better, even with this talents it’s still pretty clunky). So please rework the classes again blizz XD

Ahemm… “Hafþór”

I feel you.

Only changed talents once as BM. When I got the gear to make DF worth it.

Should say though…
Not usually about picking the numerically best but just those I like, thematically.
Sadly, haven’t found much where I can do so.

But as you might’ve seen on this forum before. If I get it my way, we would be seeing the return of ranged Survival…as a 4th spec option. So hoping that I could leave the other specs behind.
Why? That spec was, if you ask me, the most fun Hunter spec that we’ve had.

MM is nearly useless in solo content. Playing Survival it’s 2x easier.

read your suggestions a while ago, sadly i wasn’t around when survival was still in the game, so i don’t want to express opinions since i don’t have expirienced it before. I can say i find a lot of the things you put very cool and that i think we do need that spec back, i love dots but don’t like melee and hate locks so survival would (probabbly) be my saving grace. let’s hope they notice that people do want it back, seeing as the NA thread reached more then 1k replies. People do want to play survival, all you need to do is see how much population the hunter class lost in comparison to the other classes when legion launched, that’s can’t be a coincidence.

1 Like

WoD was the peak of marksman.

All abilities, including aimed shot, usable while moving.

Aimed shot + chimaera shot + barrage were your big nuke abilities.

Steady shot was your resource builder.

Kill shot was your finisher.

Your mastery was as follows: increases the damage and range of your abilities for 6 seconds after you haven’t moved for 2 seconds.

This meant that if you needed/wanted to move, you still could do big burst of damage between moving or sacrifice the damage, but you’d still deal damage.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that you couldn’t see it when it was current. It wasnt exactly built around the multi-dot concept but it could’ve easily been expanded upon, going into Legion.

I wouldn’t mind your feedback either. The spec/design wasn’t only intended for past SV players. But new ones as well.

Sadly topics get automatically locked after 30 days on the EU forums(not on US ones though, hmm…:thinking: ), so my topic on this forum can’t be replied to anymore.

If you want, feel free to post it as a reply to my MMO-Champion topic instead. I can read your feedback there.
Link:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2490341-Pre-Legion-Survival-Spec-Fantasy

Indeed.

I joined in on that topic as a poster around the 400 reply-mark. Didn’t have a US character to post on prior to that…

It surely was one of the reasons yeah.

It made no sense why they flat out deleted that whole playstyle instead of going the 4th spec option route. Sure it would require some time and work. But it could’ve certainly been done.

1 Like

I feel Marksmanship been declining more and more on every inteneration. I play since TBC, and altough the gameplay for MM back then was what can be called slow, it felt rewarding.
Cata MM was the peak. The abilities felt really impactful and rewarding, there was true feedback from the shots, and the animal companion felt like was always working in synergy, not to surpass you, but to support you when fighting a target (As should be with MM back then, considering pets were still kinda helpful for all specs).
I feel in MoP it got a bit weaker, though it partially recovered on WoD, when the Marksmanship hunter class fantasy (before Legion “class fantasy”) revolved around true, solid shots with few to no magic in the middle. Sniping, hitting like a truck, that’s all the MM were good for. There was barrage, that everyone was taking, but i felt would make no sense on most guns and crossbows ingame, so did my best to avoid it.
When the class was reworked for Legion, felt like lost all it’s power. Sometimes doing anything on the open world felt like pulling teeth. Nothing felt rewarding. Leveling wasn’t fun, and even after got fixed with the legendaries, it felt crippled, compared with the older intenerations. And the attempt to “mix up” with old SV made it neither feel like old SV nor like a MM specc.

Right now, i feel it somewhat got a biiiit better. But, still feel clunky, weak. Too dependent of Trueshot. Too focused on Rapid fire. The shots still feel like shooting nerf darts sometimes.

If they go for the stationary shooter next expansion, at least make it a stronger, more rewarding experience instead of keep mixing things up and end up screwing the specc more and more. I want to cause damage with hard shots, not shoot as fast as an AK 47 but barely cause any significant damage.

Legion MM hunter wasn’t really hard. It was just simply not fun. Although imho they could have tweaked it in BFA to make it work more solidly then just out right removing the entire thing.

It had potiental, I just feel like they didn’t manage it in legion. I feel the same with lots of speccs.

Survival hunter had the same thing. A design with a lot of potiental it just needing tweaking around. But they basically deleted half the specc instead.

Legion had some solid class/specc ideas. I don’t know why they didn’t try to improve on those.

1 Like

It wasn’t that good, but i would I still prefer legion MM to bfa MM, legion MM had a lot of problems, mainly the rng and vulnerability were thrash, but at least we had fun aoe, aimed shot was on a 2 sec cast time, volley was a good aoe choice and we had no gcd on offensive cooldowns. Tbh i wouldn’t like MM to be reverted to legion because it still had a lot of problems, but i certainly don’t want it to stay as it is….

MArksman was dead in the water the second MoP style talent trees became a thing. It’s power was never fully in the Marksman tree, it was always the main focus of hybrid specs. I pvpd back when we had actual talents and my hunter was mostly MM with surv for hp / control and even damage to certain types.

Legion MM had even less buttons and was even more boring that bfa MM

Well, tbh you could say this about most speccs. No specc prior mop really had its full power in one tree. Speccs have just been remade to fit a specc identity theme.

I wouldn’t say marksmanship is dead in the water, there are some parts of MM I really like.

Rapid fire and steady shot were some cool additions to the specc. The problem is they seem to haven’t been able to hit the nail on the head with any of the 3 hunter speccs.

And I ain’t saying “hunters aren’t cool enough”. I get it’s a bow and arrow, it’s hard to make flashy.

Imho what i would like to see happen with hunter is:

• exotic ammunition baseline. With the old Fire for small aoe effect, ice for a slow effect and poison for a small DoT.

• Traps, across all 3 speccs i would like more interesting traps. Give us something cool like back with the snakes and everything.

• I want volley back! Real volley from vanilla. Maybe as just hail of arrows rather then the channeled concept. Simply fire up and one hail comes down on a short CD.

• I want chimera shot baseline.

• I want more of the CC shots at baseline.

• I want the talent concerning rapid fire just to be baseline.

Edit: fixed spelling mistakes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.